Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Retro Grouch
2,091 Posts
Previous posts..

EvelMtber said:
Has anyone tried this hub, is it of any quality?

Link to SpeedGoat
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=14857&highlight=novatec

Mine is still going strong. If you don't know the same hub is made by Woodman and Planet X (ala On-One). Woodman also makes a QR version but the axle will work with any of the other hubs. Depending on what your looking for, I'm pretty impressed with the new Shimano XT center lock hub. Granted its not SS specific, but it's cheaper, 100 grams lighter and easily convertable to SS. As far as front hubs go I opted for a NOS Real disc hub. The company is no longer in existence but the cartridge bearings are standard size and easily found.

1G1G, Brad

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have one and if you email me

I will send you mine. Just give me your address, and we will work out shipping, and it is yours. It is laced to a 317 that has a couple of cracks by the eyelets. It is still true and hasn't caused any problems, but it will. Otherwise it is in great shape. I got a Phil Wood for my bike and the Novatec has just been looking for a home. Ed

·
Registered
459 Posts
EvelMtber said:
Thanks 32

What is the spoke hole count on it? By chance do you also have the front hub, if so do you feel the same way about it?

EM
I have 32 hole hubs, I am not sure if it is available in other drillings? Yes, I have the front as well, it has been really great...light,cheap, and durable, what else could you want in a hub?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.