Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new bike that has Maxxis Ardents on Novatec Flow Trail rims that are using tubes but are "Tubeless Ready".

I want to change the set up to tubeless but I'm not sure what I need. Can I just take out the tubes and pump them up with some sealant inside or will I need to get a conversion kit?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
The Novetec rims are designed specifically for UST and Tubeless Ready tires. If the Ardents are LUST/UST versions and the rims are already taped, then you should just be able to install the valves. Then install the tires and soap up the beads, they should inflate with just a floor pump.

If you have the TR versions of the Ardents, do the same as above but after inflating and seating the beads, let the air out (tires should remain seated) and remove the valve core to inject 2-3oz of the tubeless sealant of your choice.

If you have Ardents that are neither UST or TR, you can attempt the processes listed above. You may need a compressor to seat the tires, and it may not work at all or it may work fine.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Novetec rims are designed specifically for UST and Tubeless Ready tires. If the Ardents are LUST/UST versions and the rims are already taped, then you should just be able to install the valves. Then install the tires and soap up the beads, they should inflate with just a floor pump.

If you have the TR versions of the Ardents, do the same as above but after inflating and seating the beads, let the air out (tires should remain seated) and remove the valve core to inject 2-3oz of the tubeless sealant of your choice.

If you have Ardents that are neither UST or TR, you can attempt the processes listed above. You may need a compressor to seat the tires, and it may not work at all or it may work fine.
Awesome response, thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts