Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a pair of these for my brother for x-mas as I was real impressed with them in the store compared to the trek and PI pants I've used and seen in the past. They seem to be real durable and he's reporting they are very wind and water proof. Since my Trek Galway pants are falling apart (after maybe a dozen uses) I'm thinking about some new rain pants, but don't want the exact same ones (although if I have to...).

Anyhow, does anybody know of rain pants on the market similar to the Novara Stratos? I really like the thicker, strechty material as opposed to the thin, relatively fragile nylon/extruded PTFE that is so common on PI and Trek rain gear.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I use the Craft rain pants. I haven't been totally thrilled with them, largely because they're lined with this very stretchy, grabby material that makes it impossible to put your shoes through the leg of the pants (nothing like taking off your shoes in the lobby of a client's office before a meeting). They are pretty durable, though. You might take a look at the Showers Pass rain pants -- they seem pretty good, and they're kind of the only successor to Burley's rain clothing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.