Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm glad everyone is enjoying the Rock trail. We've put a lot of work into it so that it can be a quality trail, and it has proved to be so.

There has been unauthorized trail work done in the past and recently. The land owner also rides but is not happy about this. So PLEASE, do not build any jumps, bridges, or any other stunts unless you have permission to do so.

We built a very good bridge over the fallen tree, but recently somone shaved the top of the tree bond the bridge to build a catwalk and a very poorly-made wood bridge. I'm all for challenging stunts, but stuff like this that is not made well is a recipe for a law suit and will shut the trail down quickly.

Again, do not do ANYTHING on the Rock trail beyond moving fallen branches and trees unless you have permission!

If you have questions about the trail or maintenance, please call The Rock at (352) 331-7625 and they'll direct you to the right person.

Thank you!

·
Its got what plants crave
5,933 Posts
Yeah I saw that poor excuse for a skinny while I was out there yesterday. I didn't think it was authorized just due to the piss poor quality of the construction.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
kawsakimx6 said:
You're letting a measley broken finger keep you off the bike? You have three other fingers and a thumb to grip that bar don't you? You better have a bone sticking out of the skin for a finger injury to keep you off the bike. :D

(I whacked the heck out of my hand up in North Carolina last week, with a full week of riding ahead of me, and was scared I may have suffered a hairline fracture--it really hurt and there was some swelling. But I stayed as far away from the doctor as possible. The last thing I needed was my wife hearing some doc tell me I couldn't ride when I was up there in the mountains. I was able to grip the bar the next day without pain, even though my hand still hurt terribly doing some things, so all was well. The pain went away after about a week so I guess whatever I did to my hand wasn't that bad).

·
the #1 Stunna'
500 Posts
Gatorback said:
You're letting a measley broken finger keep you off the bike? You have three other fingers and a thumb to grip that bar don't you? You better have a bone sticking out of the skin for a finger injury to keep you off the bike. :D

(I whacked the heck out of my hand up in North Carolina last week, with a full week of riding ahead of me, and was scared I may have suffered a hairline fracture--it really hurt and there was some swelling. But I stayed as far away from the doctor as possible. The last thing I needed was my wife hearing some doc tell me I couldn't ride when I was up there in the mountains. I was able to grip the bar the next day without pain, even though my hand still hurt terribly doing some things, so all was well. The pain went away after about a week so I guess whatever I did to my hand wasn't that bad).
Yeah i did not go to the doctor, and i got back on the bike this past weekend. i could not take the jumps as hard, it hurt like hell to land on my hand, but i am back up and riding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.