Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I spent new year's eve finishing projects. She worked on a quilted art piece she's doing and I got some more brazing done. My frame is starting to come along nicely now. I managed to sweat the ST sleeve in place and did ok on finishing my BB area fillets. Happily doing all this brought my triangle into perfect alignment. I was working until about 5:30 and it was really too dark to continue. After dinner, I got out the files and started cleaning up the sleeve. It looks better than I thought it would; I'm very happy. Tomorrow if it's only about 0, I'll fillet braze the TT, and finish the HT/DT joint that is only wetted at present. My kids have friends over right now and everyone is having a few drinks, including me. Not a bad new year's at all.....

Amazingly, the undersized 26.8 seatpost I was using as a mock up still fits the ST,although it is a tiny bit tighter fit.........

Drew

·
Registered
714 Posts
Awesome. The done front triangle for me was a really cool milestone because it starts to look like a real bike and folks would comment on it in the garage and I had something to show them. Congrats and happy New Year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.