Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Are You Kidding?
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to the darkside today. finally switched over to tubeless! so far loving it can't wait to put it through the punishment my tubes were going through. how long do you normally go before you put more "juice" in the tire? and how long have you been tubeless?

·
Purveyor of Trail Tales!
1,189 Posts
Depends!?!

wclement7 said:
i went to the darkside today. finally switched over to tubeless! so far loving it can't wait to put it through the punishment my tubes were going through. how long do you normally go before you put more "juice" in the tire? and how long have you been tubeless?
Hi wclement7,

I've been tubeless since 2005 using the Stans NoTubes System. I have it in my all mountain bike, jump bike and FR bike. I also use it on my wife's all mountain bike. The interval between required additions of the magic sealant seems to be tied to heat and humidity. However, that's just an impression as I've never kept records. In one case I got almost a year and I can also think of other times when it's been required in as little as three months.

Whatever the case it's been a fantastic product and I'd never go back to the old "tube filled" days.:nono: For me Stans and a Gravity Dropper are two "required" conveniences for enjoyable mountain biking!

Thanks,

Michael:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
I've got year old Stan's that's still liquid. I've also had it last as little as 2 months. So obviously it really depends. Here's a way to check: leave the wheel situated so that the valve is at the bottom of the wheel for half an hour. Let a little air out. If there's still a decent amount of liquid goo in there, a little bit will spray out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.