Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm having trouble finding specs on it. What would the factory build most likely have been? Or were they available as bare frames?

and yeah, it was a CL find and it's 10 years or older :D ,......kinda blows a hole in that theory :thumbsup:

disclaimer: the comment aboout where it's going to end up was not "fishing"...it was kind of a joint effort buying it :D . although I put up the money, the time and the effort :p

·
Visitor
781 Posts
No, I love Flamingos, of course. That yard looks like many I have slept in while I was going to U Dub. Tell me about the shock. Mine has the Risse. Yeti Cycles web store has bushing kits for these.

·
Dumpster Diver
1,093 Posts
stan4bikes said:
I'm having trouble finding specs on it. What would the factory build most likely have been? Or were they available as bare frames?

and yeah, it was a CL find and it's 10 years or older :D ,......kinda blows a hole in that theory :thumbsup:
LOL!! Yetis have always been available as framesets. As John Parker said early on, "we wouldn't want to second guess a fanatic on how he wants the bike set up!"

So there you have it. It can be built up however you like it.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hairstream said:
No, I love Flamingos, of course. That yard looks like many I have slept in while I was going to U Dub. Tell me about the shock. Mine has the Risse. Yeti Cycles web store has bushing kits for these.
I woke up (with about 3 others) about 20 feet up in a tree after an exceptionally good party around Green Lake....of course that WAS in the 60's:D

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know, it doesn't have an air valve though. In the picture it's obviously in its collapsed state. If it's elastomer how would I tell and is it user servicable? It's a '96, anyone have a spec sheet on the shocks?

·
Visitor
781 Posts
I have not seen anything but a Risse on any AS past a 93. The seat collar on the front of the seat tube is something I have not seen a lot of, either (none of the pictures in the Yeti catalogs show this). Yetifan is a good source of info, but I don't remember seeing any AS with this configuration during my research. I would think yetified or ameybrook could shed some light, they know much more than I do. What I do know is that it takes a special tool to get the shock out of the seatstays... I was able to get mine out using one of those Park Spanner Wrench 2 prong things.

96 Yeti catalog...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hairstream said:
I have not seen anything but a Risse on any AS past a 93. The seat collar on the front of the seat tube is something I have not seen a lot of, either (none of the pictures in the Yeti catalogs show this). Yetifan is a good source of info, but I don't remember seeing any AS with this configuration during my research. I would think yetified or ameybrook could shed some light, they know much more than I do. What I do know is that it takes a special tool to get the shock out of the seatstays... I was able to get mine out using one of those Park Spanner Wrench 2 prong things.

96 Yeti catalog...
heres one with the forward seat collar...hope I'm not outing it...I was told it's a '96, I don't know for a fact.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I hope it's a Yeti, there was a bike company that actually made a bike that looked near exact to a Yeti. I think one of the biggest tell tale signs was the headtube Yeti was 1.25 as stated in the scans and the other company was 1.125. I want to say the company was BMC but I'm not 100% sure.

·
Visitor
781 Posts
Check out the rear derailleur cable routing on the seatstays, it's more underneath than on top. Are the toptube cable guides pop riveted? The bottom of the seatstays and drop out area look Yeti, except they are missing a small hole like mine. This might be cooler than having an AS if its a knock-off. No?

My 94 ARC AS is on my blog for comparo...

http://forums.mtbr.com/blog.php?do=showjournal&j=384

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
I'm by no means an AS afficionado, but the dropouts do not look the same (for one, look at the angle of the seat stays compared to the angle of the backside of the dropouts on each) nor does the shock look the same. Would the serial number help us out?

Also, the shock mount in the Yeti catalogs are slightly below the top tube, whereas on Stan's it's above. Maybe this just changed in the later models though.

·
Certified Bike Junkie
1,747 Posts
The yetifan site page shows one with the post clamp on the front of the seat tube:

http://www.yetifan.com/bikeography_fs.html

The tell tale will probably be the headset size (shold be 1-1/4") and the seatpost size (should be 26.8mm). And all the photos I've found they have rivet on cable guides on the top tube.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.