Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to ride tomorrow...anywhere really, but it would be nice to start out in the morning before the traffic hits. Thought I would post for someone to ride with. I can do a long or short ride. My skill and stanima levels aren't like the monsters on here, but I can hang I think on most of the local technical trails and don't mind the climbs.

White Ranch...Apex...Mt. Falcon...Buffalo Creek...I don't mind traveling a bit into the mountains to ride a new trail.

If you're interested, just PM me!

Scott

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,435 Posts
It's summer. You are REQUIRED to go into the mountains to ride. In fact, I'd suggest some Summit County goodness for you. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SkaredShtles said:
It's summer. You are REQUIRED to go into the mountains to ride. In fact, I'd suggest some Summit County goodness for you. :thumbsup:

If I knew where to go I would!

X

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TooManyToyz said:
Hit up Alderfer/3 Sisters in Evergreen. It will be a bit cooler and it's a great close in trail.

I don't really enjoy that trail much at all. The first part of the COMBA ride was fun with the rocky technical stuff...but then going up to the lollipop and back down...it was pretty darn uneventful. The view at the top was pretty spectacular, but other than that...just a climb and decent. lol...I guess all trails can be classified as that, but I like some technical stuff in there...and it had none.

X

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, 9:30 at Buffalo Creek. Another member pm'd me saying he was riding tomorrow at Buffalo too, so that's 2. Hopefully he can make it at 9:30 (he suggested 9).

The lot we'll park at is a grassy bowl of a lot that's about a mile west on 543 from 126. Just ride the dirt road of 543 (Or Buffalo Creek Road) west, and make a left when you see a turnoff to a grassy parking lot. There's signs that say no cars on the road, but I think that just means further up.

I drive a maroon pick up, and hitech drives a blue ram.

See ya there!
Scott

·
Heathen
768 Posts
FooserX said:
I don't really enjoy that trail much at all. The first part of the COMBA ride was fun with the rocky technical stuff...but then going up to the lollipop and back down...it was pretty darn uneventful. The view at the top was pretty spectacular, but other than that...just a climb and decent. lol...I guess all trails can be classified as that, but I like some technical stuff in there...and it had none.

X
Most of the trails around here are more about scenery, long climbs and downhills. You have to search for the techy stuff. Sourdough area is great, Devil's Backbone and I hear, Plamer in the CS area.

I'd join in tomorrow but I'm heading out tonight to camp.

·
3 Legged Big Top
639 Posts
My daughter and I will be heading out there tomorrow morning. If you pass us stop and introduce yourself.
I think we will head out CT and the hit the GM loop then back on the CT. Or maybe up shinglemill a little to look around. I rode out CT 5 miles and back the 1 time I went out there. Any idea which would be better for a pretty new rider?

Curtis

·
Registered
464 Posts
Curtis- I'd start at Pine Valley Ranch and climb the trail that isn't Strawberry Jack. There should be less people on those trails and there isn't any tech around Buff Creek so I just try to avoid people.

Since the temps are supposed to be mild (thank you global warmingz) maybe I'll hit up some Buff Creek action.:D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Since someone mentioned mountains/Summit County...

I'm thinking of treking over to Winter Park tomorrow morning. What is a good 15-20 mile route? Never ridden outside of the Denver area. (newbie!) I'm intermediate, I suppose.

·
3 Legged Big Top
639 Posts
Nice pics!
I saw a guy riding a CD w/lefty so I ask, You *******? He didn't take it as a question and I almost had to defend myself. Guess it wasn't you!

We rode up 543 then about a mile up Baldy when she tired out, so we turned around and headed back to the truck. Before we got back to 543 she crashed pretty good and scuffed up her elbows. I sure hope she hasn't lost all interest in riding after that. I enjoy having her come along on some rides.

Turns out we only got in 10 miles in 2 hours, a lot less than I was hoping for. Either way I will take this ride with my daughter over just about any I have done recently.
Bicycle Plant Tire Plant community Bicycle wheel

Plant Sky Plant community Natural environment Natural landscape

1 - 19 of 19 Posts