Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

it consists of:
Mavic Ex823 rims, 36holes the new, stronger model.
DT-Competition spokes,
DT-Prolock Nipples
Shimano Saint front and rear hub.

Hand laced and built up very good.
Condition is like new - they have less than 50 miles on them and are perfectly true.

I removed the stickers, only on the front rim the sticker on the right side is still on there.
Otherwise no downside.

I actually don´t want to sell them, I live in Europe anyway =) but I am thinking about switching to another, more AM wheelset, as the trails where I live are not that rough and I am only 149lbs. I could get away with something less durable I guess.

Greetings Znarf

Attachments

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I´ll probably keep them :)
But I have another Marzocchi hub/saintrearhub + Sun Singletrack wheelset (which is somewhat abused but still works fine) in the basement. I am not really rich and could use the $$

But I wouldn´t get very much for the wheels actually I think.

Just guess how much I´d get. Let´s simulate an ebay auction :D

Greetings Znarf

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Znarf said:
I´ll probably keep them :)
But I have another Marzocchi hub/saintrearhub + Sun Singletrack wheelset (which is somewhat abused but still works fine) in the basement. I am not really rich and could use the $$

But I wouldn´t get very much for the wheels actually I think.

Just guess how much I´d get. Let´s simulate an ebay auction :D

Greetings Znarf
looks like a custom build alright. i'd say easily at least $200 US. if i were selling them on ebay i'd do a 'buy it now' for $250 or more. anyone looking for a saint setup is probably willing to pay the price! i don't know if that's 'very much' for you.

there are some killer deals on saint wheelsets here in US though but their rims suck.

hope that helps

·
Ami Schwein
304 Posts
nice ride. My LBS is selling a rear tire built up the same as you desribed for Euro 170. I would say that would put the set at about 270 or so. Id buy em if i werent a broke bastard. Where in Germany you at?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.