Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not one, but two flats.

Damn goatheads. :madmax:

And of course, only one tube. :madman:

Attachments

·
flow where ever you go
1,526 Posts
Consider going tubeless!! I have no trouble with goatheads running Stans.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
noshortcuts said:
Consider going tubeless!! I have no trouble with goatheads running Stans.
Nope. Ridden with people who have too many problems with it. Seems like a giant pita to me.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Finch Platte said:
Nope. Ridden with people who have too many problems with it. Seems like a giant pita to me.
You have also ridden with people that haven't had any problems with them. You just don't know it because they are the ones waiting for you to fix your flats :thumbsup:

·
flow where ever you go
1,526 Posts
Finch Platte said:
Says the guy with two flats and one tube!:D

·
WWYD?
1,603 Posts
I saw an article in MBA about tying a tight knot in the innertube at the puncture as a quick fix. Knock on wood, but thats what I'll try next time it happens to me....

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Slime tubes and liners...necessary evil in this fricken valley.

Won't stop them totally but slows them down long enough to pull the little bastids out.

·
aka dan51
6,021 Posts
As my brothers and I say "croak down!"
Which basically translates to: sucks to be you.

jorgemonkey said:
Riding without tubes is like riding with no undies on.
It's the right thing to do. Undies just lead to chaffing, tube just lead to flats....

·
Mtbr Founder
35,130 Posts
Finch Platte said:
It is a giant pain. Anybody who says not is in denial.

And that's coming from someone who runs tubeless. And no, we're not a cult. I run tubeless on the mtb, cross, road, socks and underwear just cause i can :).

fc

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Finch Platte said:
Not one, but two flats.

Damn goatheads. :madmax:

And of course, only one tube. :madman:
Are you sure those are flats - or have you just gained a few pounds?

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
jorgemonkey said:
Riding without tubes is like riding with no undies on.
I never ride with either and haven't had a problem. As long as the tires, rims and shorts are designed to go as such.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Under Armour Heat Gear 6" Boxerjock is to normal undies what FiveTen Impacts are to normal shoes for flat pedals - and that is vastly superior to an extent that those that haven't tried wearing undies/riding in flats should.

Some really nice and light rim strips can be made from that stuff from which those indestructable envelopes are made: Tuvex or something like that. In three years in the USA I've never had a thorn in my tire, so I don't run 'em. Just a suggestion, is all.

Like Finch Platte, I will switch to tubeless when the number of problems I have with deflation outnumbers the problems of my riding buddies running tubeless.

·
Natural body armor
2,178 Posts
Can't believe there is still people running tubes.
FC, don't know what you are talking about. Tubeless is the best invention after pizza, burritos and disk brakes.
I wish they invented tubeless condoms: I hate rubber. :rolleyes: :D
ZT

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
Personally, I got to agree with Fred and Finch about riding tubeless in the valley. Too farking many goatheads.

The only real advantage to running tubeless is that you can have lower pressure in your tires and carry tubes for when you loose too much air.:D :eek: Especially if you loose air like Chuck.:ciappa: :prft:

Fiona

1 - 20 of 32 Posts