Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally was able to test ride my second singlespeed. As a few of you recall I built a singlespeed about 4 or 5 years ago and got a few great years out of it an then it got swiped about a year and half ago.

I picked up the tubes (Pacenti Heavy Mettle), lugs (Slant 6), Paul trackends, headtube, seatstays, and chainstays are Columbus. Other miscellaneous stuff I got from Henry James (silver, brass, flux).

After a long time I finally got everything torched together and the frame prepped by Evolution Bike Shop I was able to start putting everything together.

I ended up with the following:

I still need to clean everything up, but I need to give it a test ride before I spend hours with files and sanding cloth (plus the $$$ for powdercoat). I was going to go out and ride it today but with the rain/mud and the lack of a finish coat on the frame I'm inside posting about it.

I'm not sure if I'd build another lugged mountain bike as I had some difficulty getting the geometry to what I wanted. I learned a lot in the process, but if I do this again it will be fillet brazed (unless it's a road or CX bike).

Cheers,

-Derek

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fast Eddy said:
What's that thing on the front that looks like a suspension fork?
Thanks for fixing that (I saw it in the framebuilder forum too).

I'm not sure my wrist can take the beating of a rigid fork (I never had one of the old frame either). But after seeing Pacenti's new fork crown I'm definitely tempted to do it as my next project.

Taken from Curt Goodrich's blog.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts