Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 Psylo Race and I have the U-Turn set at about 4.5 inches. I ran a zip tie after an aggressive ride and it shows that I am only using 3 inches. I know my riding style and know that the fork was pushed to its max travel.....any ideas as to why I'm not getting additional travel??

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
629 Posts
[]D[][]v[][]D said:
I have an 03 Psylo Race and I have the U-Turn set at about 4.5 inches. I ran a zip tie after an aggressive ride and it shows that I am only using 3 inches. I know my riding style and know that the fork was pushed to its max travel.....any ideas as to why I'm not getting additional travel??

Thanks in advance!
I did a 3 foot drop on mine and it bottomed. Maybe theres something wrong with your particular fork, im using an 03 XC and it works just fine. Heres my problem, i cant get past 115 on u turn. When i manually pull the upper and lower apart, i can see that it goes to 125 but when i get on the bike it sinks back down and doesnt go up again. Why does RS continue to advertise it having 5 inches when it only has 4.5? Is anyone getting the full 5 inches?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I know that RS used to include something they called negative travel in the total advertised travel of the fork. If I remember right negative travel worked like sag, the unloaded fork would extend a bit to keep the front wheel on the ground. They MAY still be doing something like that, but I haven't kept up with RS stuff. Still, it could explain why you are only getting 4.5 inches of travel.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
AKBiker said:
I know that RS used to include something they called negative travel in the total advertised travel of the fork. If I remember right negative travel worked like sag, the unloaded fork would extend a bit to keep the front wheel on the ground. They MAY still be doing something like that, but I haven't kept up with RS stuff. Still, it could explain why you are only getting 4.5 inches of travel.
Pull the spring out and see if you can compress the fork all the way down, if you can't could be the dampener side. The Pure Dampener could be leaking into the fork leg taking up some space and limiting full travel.

·
www.justthebonnet.com
1,475 Posts
ajw8899 said:
I did a 3 foot drop on mine and it bottomed. Maybe theres something wrong with your particular fork, im using an 03 XC and it works just fine. Heres my problem, i cant get past 115 on u turn. When i manually pull the upper and lower apart, i can see that it goes to 125 but when i get on the bike it sinks back down and doesnt go up again. Why does RS continue to advertise it having 5 inches when it only has 4.5? Is anyone getting the full 5 inches?
Same here, only shows 115 in the longest setting, But I am getting full travel so how cares! Its a cheap fork that I am beating on till it craps out and then getting something better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.