Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sometimes hate roadies on dirt ..Don't get me wrong I commute to work with my road bike so this dude might just be a bad apple. But mtb is my thing.

I was riding dirt yesterday on a steep a$$ techy climb, saw this roadie (i know a roadie when I see one) (they dont carry sh!t to make them light) bombing down the trail, stopped in front of me, and asked if I have a cell phone.

Turned out he broke his chain and need to call someone to pick him up at the bottom, I offered my chain tool and started fixing it but also mentioned a spare chain link.

He opted for the chain link, put it all together, as I was about to say that he can help other stranded riders someday if he sees one but the motherfaker just bolted! Screamin' that he can ride again.

Not even a warm thanks! Geez...way to go..:thumbsup:

·
!Vamos, flaco!
1,364 Posts
"Roadie" on a mountain bike on a mountain bike trail with a steep tech section?:skep:

·
Professional Amateur
446 Posts
Jaydude said:
As a roadie he was probably late for his ghey sex rendezvous at the trail head parking lot.
Isn't "ghey" supposed to be the pseudo non-offensive internet usage of "gay"? In your context, however, didn't you mean "gay" and what does this have do do with bikes?

·
Professional Amateur
446 Posts
Jaydude said:
You seem offended you must be "ghey"
Not that it really matters if I am or not, however with all the synonyms for stupid, lame, dumb, etc I would think the usage of "gay" in such a context would be unnecessary. Keep on if you like, just know you look like a tool when you do.

·
Team Inflexible
1,943 Posts
Henrythewound said:
Not that it really matters if I am or not, however with all the synonyms for stupid, lame, dumb, etc I would think the usage of "gay" in such a context would be unnecessary. Keep on if you like, just know you look like a tool when you do.
Confirmed: you are a ghey. California just passed a law that you and your life partner will be excited about.

Oh you should give this guy his chain link back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I sometimes hate roadies on dirt ..Don't get me wrong I commute to work with my road bike so this dude might just be a bad apple. But mtb is my thing.
I always wonder what makes a 'roadie' a 'roadie' vs a 'mtber.' Would the guy have been a jerk for doing the same thing if he was a 'mtber' instead of a 'roadie?' Why can't a jerk just be a jerk?

I consider myself somewhat of a 'roadie' so I must ride really light bikes, ride unprepared and be attracted to members of the same sex. Except, I've mountain biked for 20 years, carry more stuff every time I ride than anyone I know, have a relatively heavy bike and like women so I must be a 'mtber.' [email protected]%n! what does that mean when I'm a jerk in general? I guess if I'm a jerk on the road, I'm being a 'mtber' and when I'm a jerk on the trail, I'm being a 'roadie.'

a$$holes are a$$holes whether they're a 'roadie' or not.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Really, you have to size people up before you offer free bike repair support services on the trail. If a guy is an obvious tool I don't bother. Let 'em walk.

Your first clue was the ubiquitous cell phone request.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.