Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Enduro last year, built up by a pro shop, slightly used, but a great price and registered in my name to Specialized as it had never actually been sold, just built and used.

It's a 2005 model, and is absolutely fantastic. Although I would like to lose some wieght as it currently comes in at about 18kg (~36lbs).

I would like to sell parts and get new ones to replace them, but what should I get to replace them?

I like to ride DH, but nothing mental. I would also like to do some XCish rides, my other bike is a Langster, so i don't ride on the streets.

I think the first place is the wheelset. They are not light, but are pretty nice.
Would it be better to sell them and get something else with the money, or just get some different rims (lighter and tubeless compatible) They are Hadley hubs, which aren't so heavy and they are really damn nice.

The 66RC fork is another obvious place to lose weight, but this fork is so plush!

Oh the dilemma!!!

Or, maybe I should just save up the pennies and buy a new fork and wheelset, and swap them over depending on the riding I want to do...

I hand over to your trusted opinions..

Flame away!!!:madmax:

·
Stone Jack Baller
544 Posts
Good luck getting help in this forum. This is the least helpful forum I've ever used. Try another one like bike and frame or general discussion and you might get some help. That is, if they don't move you back to this crap forum.:madman:

·
Shapeshifter
67 Posts
Not flaming - heck I'm not a weight weenie but DH and WW in the same sentence isn't probably going to work out so well. Most of this stuff is made for lighter people on XC to maybe the fringe of AM type riding.

Edit - if you just want a lighter DH bike, the DH guys are the ones to ask for sure.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking of getting a fox talas 36 RC2.

I hear they are much lighter and still pretty good on the downhill.

Those pedals are Shimano DX clipless, I have a pair of straight DX's, which are magnesium, so not too heavy.

I am thinking perhaps to change the fork, and have the wheels rebuild with a set of newer lighter rims so I can also go tubeless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.