Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to run a thomson elite 5degree x 50mm stem upside down, effectively making it -5deg stem?

i'm considering putting it on a small 6.6 using a FSA orbit Z flush top headset race and cup with CaneCreek external bottom headset race and cup.

i'm guessing the intense forum might be better for this....thought some wrenchheads might know better here tho...

damn MTBR vBulletin won't show the title correctly...it's

N O S W O H _|_

Attachments

·
rollin
2,646 Posts
misctwo said:

N O S W O H _|_
i was wondering, what is noswoh_l_?
aaah, upside down thomson!

i don't see any reason that it wouldn't work, unless there's interference of some kind, but it doesn't look like there would be any.
i've seen you bolt front deraileurs on bikes where it couldn't be done, so i say go for it!

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TNC you should know a thing or two about wordplay...noMAD..... :thumbsup:

the noswoh_|_ would be an alternative to the friggin expensive sr-71...plus it would be -5 instead of sr-71's -10 degs.

·
fraid of heights
2,290 Posts
misctwo said:
is it possible to run a thomson elite 5degree x 50mm stem upside down, effectively making it -5deg stem?

i'm considering putting it on a small 6.6 using a FSA orbit Z flush top headset race and cup with CaneCreek external bottom headset race and cup.

i'm guessing the intense forum might be better for this....thought some wrenchheads might know better here tho...

N O S W O H _|_
You can totally run it upside down. Just flip the front faceplate and nobody will every notice. A few of the stems sitting in my garage have the logo's both ways so the stem can be flipped and always has a logo facing the right way.

Anyway, nobodies every going to see it while your riding...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.