Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
VRC Hound
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a LBS yesterday and found a bunch of NOS tires. All were kevlar bead. There was one Smoke Lite, some IRCs with Conti brown sidewalls and some others that were all black. If there is interest, I can pick them and list them on the MTBR classifieds. I expect they would cost $10 each + shipping.

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
bushpig said:
I was a LBS yesterday and found a bunch of NOS tires. All were kevlar bead. There was one Smoke Lite, some IRCs with Conti brown sidewalls and some others that were all black. If there is interest, I can pick them and list them on the MTBR classifieds. I expect they would cost $10 each + shipping.
I want the Dart 2.2 SC (my all-time favorite tire) and Specialized Hardpack 2.2 and 1.5

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
shiggy said:
I want the Dart 2.2 SC (my all-time favorite tire) and Specialized Hardpack 2.2 and 1.5
Hey Shiggy, if you watch ebay close enough, those Dart SC 2.2s pop up every once in a while. I think I've seen 3 in the last year and a half or so. The Hardpacks seem to be more rare.

Speaking of NOS at an LBS, there is a small shop around here that has a Z-max 2.35 (black tread, skinwall) and a Storm Control 2.2, but I think I'll keep these for myself. ;)

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Thanks Shiggy. I learned so much in so little time from that link... And I felt so smart when I sent out some tires folded double over a few times, while triple is smaller and better!
I have a triple folded Kenda cross tire here now, and I'm amazed to see it :)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Cloxxki said:
Thanks Shiggy. I learned so much in so little time from that link... And I felt so smart when I sent out some tires folded double over a few times, while triple is smaller and better!
I have a triple folded Kenda cross tire here now, and I'm amazed to see it :)
I was thinking the exact same thing. I always thought that a double fold would be easier on the bead than a triple. :confused:

You learn something new everyday I guess. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts