Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Here are the pics as promised. Not sure if these are the Race or the slightly heavier "other" model. The guy i got it from said that since the dropouts are bonded these are the lighter Race-version.
Absolutely beautiful to behold, not_a_scratch, not a mark on these. Never been used, don´t know if i`ll have the heart to actually mount and ride these. Prolly go for my Switchblade instead.
Five pics, thoght you guys would appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Nice fork!!

That's the Comp model (actually called "Composite"). I believe that it is a little heavier than the race, however it's the more desirable Bonty fork. Very nice looking!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi. Yeah, i remember a "Composite"-fork. Composite because it mixed materials. Steel and aluminum. Interesting to know that these are more desirable also. I think it`s cool that these are a bit heavier (more durable perhaps?) than the Race. Dependability is a cool thang`.
Should buy a shelf to have these on for adoreship. (sp)

The guy i got mine from may have access to one more... blink-blink nudge-nudge =)

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
erol/frost said:
Hi. Yeah, i remember a "Composite"-fork. Composite because it mixed materials. Steel and aluminum. Interesting to know that these are more desirable also. I think it`s cool that these are a bit heavier (more durable perhaps?) than the Race. Dependability is a cool thang`.
Should buy a shelf to have these on for adoreship. (sp)

The guy i got mine from may have access to one more... blink-blink nudge-nudge =)
Don't quote me on the weight thing, but I do think that they're a bit heavier. The Race had welded on canti mounts, and was less expensive "back in the day" too.

G

·

·
Registered
97 Posts
Carsten said:
not sure if that is ok but there is one on ebay Germany righ now

http://cgi.ebay.de/Bontrager-Starrg...yZ100533QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

it is NOS and not too expensive i would say ;)

the guy sold 6 or so in the past two months, starting even 50Euro below what he is asking now...

Carsten
I bought one of his forks for € 99,- (including brake posts and screws ;-)

But Keith had some other designs to offer ... prototypes, mainly ...

:)

PS: I still have some brake posts left, if anybody is interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Yes! PM me about some brake posts...

And, does anyone want to do me a huge favor?

The seller will only ship to Germany, but I need this fork! Anyone willing to be the go between and ship to me in the U.S.? PM me or email me at: donkekusATcomcastDOTnet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
554 Posts
it's interesting to compare the brake posts mounts on the Bontrager composite forks. i have a composite with chrome legs that has bare aluminum mounts without the collar/sleeve element (the dropouts are also chrome), but my black chrome composite brake posts mounts is just like erols. i've also noticed variations in the crowns...bare, some a deep black, others more gun-blue. the race forks have a few dropout variations as well.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
cdeger said:
I bought one of his forks for € 99,- (including brake posts and screws ;-)

But Keith had some other designs to offer ... prototypes, mainly ...

:)

PS: I still have some brake posts left, if anybody is interested.
I could use a set of posts.

How did you come accross the curve bladed ones? I have been on the search for one of those for years.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Boy named SSue said:
I could use a set of posts.

How did you come accross the curve bladed ones? I have been on the search for one of those for years.
heres a photo of my curved U-brake Bontrager fork:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
vdubbusrider said:
heres a photo of my curved U-brake Bontrager fork:

QUOTE]

yes, yes, I know. Bought a Burning man two years ago for a steal, I've tried to buy it from you before. Now you're out to make me jealous some more. I've added Cook stems to my list of need to finds just for leverage.

I like your greenie in the other post. I have started switching down to medium bontys from larges. Totally different feel.

Anyone want to trade a medium ti-lite for my large?

cheers

·
Registered
779 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
laffeaux said:
And you never figured it out?
nope, it's still up in the air. at this point i can pretty much put any kind of decal on it and call it a custom. maybe i could call it a prototype Potts? :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.