Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Johny Sokko!
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike club is headed to Northstar this summer, where is good place to stay local that is affordable, preferrably Condos. Thanks for info

·
Old,slow,still havin fun.
1,064 Posts
No specific condo suggestion, but I prefer staying in Tahoe City over Truckee. Right on the lake, walkable from one end to the other for groceries/beer/etc, and it is still a short drive to N*.
Might also try the DH forum, more traffic about N* over there.

·
Registered
464 Posts
There is camping on 89 between Squaw and Truckee. That's always affordable

·
newless cluebie
537 Posts
Depending on how large your group is, it might be cost effective to rent one of the cabins on Northstar property. Each bed typically comes with a lift ticket, and summer season is much cheaper than winter.

I've done it yearly and it's rarely cost more than 75-90/person for an extended weekend stay.

·
Ancient Chinese Secret
1,038 Posts
Northstar summer accommodations are pretty cheap. Look for bike and stay packages. If you don't want to stay there, you can camp, and King's Beach and Truckee both have tons of options. If you want the Tahoe experience, stay somewhere near the lake, like King's Beach or Tahoe City. If you want to bike in/out, stay at Northstar. If you want cheap, camp or go to Truckee.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey if you see a ski on the side of the trail let me know. I lost one a couple weeks back in the powder. Black ski, lots o' white spirals on it and one red spiral.

But seriously. Cheap cheap play to stay is at the Tahoe Inn at Kings Beach. Not up the street close, but super cheap and the rooms are decent.

·
Registered
883 Posts
scubatuba99 said:
Hey if you see a ski on the side of the trail let me know. I lost one a couple weeks back in the powder. Black ski, lots o' white spirals on it and one red spiral.

But seriously. Cheap cheap play to stay is at the Tahoe Inn at Kings Beach. Not up the street close, but super cheap and the rooms are decent.

My Son works at Northstar.....I'll forward this to him to watch out for your ski....What run were you on at the time it disappeared?

·
Ancient Chinese Secret
1,038 Posts
Don't all the resorts collect stuff when the snow melts and save it in lost and found? Seems like it would be a common occurrence.

Two words to remember - powder cords.

·
Registered
5 Posts
mtbne1 said:
My Son works at Northstar.....I'll forward this to him to watch out for your ski....What run were you on at the time it disappeared?
Run? Well it was in the trees somewhere between Grouse Alley and Powder Bowl. I gave a description to Ski Patrol and they said they'll be on the lookout and worse comes to worse, i'll get it back in the summer. Powder cords? Meh, it's more fun to dig through 5 feet of snow to hunt for your ski than powder cords. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
scubatuba99 said:
Run? Well it was in the trees somewhere between Grouse Alley and Powder Bowl. I gave a description to Ski Patrol and they said they'll be on the lookout and worse comes to worse, i'll get it back in the summer. Powder cords? Meh, it's more fun to dig through 5 feet of snow to hunt for your ski than powder cords. :thumbsup:
As long as you find your ski! :D

·
MTB parts whore
78 Posts
Depending on the length of your trip and size of your group, you may want to consider staying in Reno. If you're there for a week or so, I'm sure you'll take some days off and there's more "other stuff" to do in Reno. FWIW, Reno is about a 30-45min drive to N*.

The only other thing I'd add is +1 for staying at N*. They have lots of accommodations on the mountain from single room condos to full houses. With as few as four people, it can be very reasonable to stay there, as others have mentioned. You can check what's available on N*'s website.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,527 Posts
Stoner said:
I appreciate the heads up. I will look into your suggestions. Thanks
Keep in mind that if you decide to camp, you'll have to reserve a spot. Most sites are long gone come summer.

·
Registered
394 Posts
"Tahoe Inn" in Kings Beach, 10 min drive to N*. Last year all summer you could get a room with two queen sized beds for 25 or 30 bucks a night if you went on Priceline.com! Best deal i've ever seen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts