Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 423 Posts

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Northstar stuck to their word after bailing on biking for summer 06.

Who's stoked? I'm for sure getting a season pass and making Northstar a frequent thing this summer. They added 5 new trails and made "Improvements". But when I see it I'll believe it. Redardless, they're open this summer, with races too!

Who's gonna be part of the N* Bomber Crew...? I knew not changing my user title would bring good luck.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,972 Posts
Raptordude said:
I am up for you buying us a 6 Pack after the day of riding.
it's about time someone starts buying me a 6 pack.....and not the crummy stuff either....I tired of buying

·
Registered
22 Posts
Northstar Press release.....

I found this press release on their website. Looks like they open on June 29th...

NORTHSTAR-AT-TAHOE™ RESORT TO REOPEN MOUNTAIN BIKE PARK WITH NEW & IMPROVED TECHNICAL TERRAIN, ADDITIONAL LIFT ACCESS

Resort’s First Signature Trail, Skills Development Area and a New Jump Park Round Out Challenging Mountain Bike Experience

TRUCKEE, Calif. – March 26, 2007 – After a one-year hiatus, Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort’s mountain bike park, the largest in Northern California, will reopen this summer offering five new trail segments, two full new trails, increased lift access with the addition of the Tahoe Zephyr Express, a new jump park, skills development areas, LiveWire, the resort’s first signature trail, and much more.

This year, with the addition of the new Tahoe Zephyr Express six-person express chairlift, riders will benefit from the resort’s ability to provide more uphill capacity than ever before. Providing access to more than 100 miles of trails, the Gondola Express, Vista Express and Tahoe Zephyr Express chairlifts make it easy for riders to experience the technical downhill and freestyle features they crave.

“We are excited to be reopening the Northstar™ Resort mountain bike park, and pleased to be able to offer our guests enhanced features, new terrain, and better lift access than ever before,” said Kyle Crezee, Northstar Resort’s mountain bike park manager. “Our goal is to continue to progress the sport of mountain biking and provide riders from intermediate to expert levels with rugged, technical terrain and challenging freestyle features that will keep them coming back for more.”

LiveWire, Northstar Resort’s first signature trail is scheduled to open mid-summer, permits pending, and will maintain an average of six feet in width, feature a grade ranging between 6 and 9 percent, and will be 1.5 miles long. The trail boasts tabletops and large berms throughout the course of the run, and will be the first fully irrigated mountain bike trail at the resort, helping to prevent dust clouds from erupting as riders make their way down.

New this year, Northstar Resort will also introduce Skills Development Areas, allowing those who want to get started with log and ladder rides to learn in less intimidating fashion as the features are much closer to the ground. A new jump park located at mid-mountain between the bases of the Vista Express and Tahoe Zephyr Express chairlifts will also provide riders with an opportunity to practice their latest tricks.

Northstar Resort’s Mountain Bike Park is scheduled to open for the summer season on June 29, 2007, and is scheduled to be open daily, weather and conditions permitting, through September 3 and Friday-Sunday until October 7. Daily operating hours will be 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m.

Helmets are required for all riders, and can be rented along with bikes and other equipment at the resort. Daily lift tickets are required for lift access and can be purchased for $39. Mountain Bike Park season passes will also be available for $229.

For those with a competitive edge, Northstar Resort will again host the Downhill Race Series and the Cross-Country Race Series this summer, open to riders of all ages. Race dates and additional information can be found online at NorthstarAtTahoe.com.

For more information about the Northstar Resort Mountain Bike Park, please visit NorthstarAtTahoe.com or call the Northstar Resort Bike Shop at 530.562.2268.

About Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort

Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort is becoming one of the finest year-round destination mountain resorts in North America, offering snow sport activities including alpine skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing and tubing, as well as summer activities including mountain biking, golf, hiking, horseback riding and much more. With 79 trails spread across 2,480 acres, world-class terrain parks, and the new Village at Northstar™ featuring shopping, dining and a 9,000 square foot ice rink, Northstar Resort is fun for all.

Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort is located on Highway 267, just six miles north of Lake Tahoe and six miles south of downtown Truckee. For more information on Northstar Resort, call 1-800-GO-NORTH™ (1.800.466.6784) or visit NorthstarAtTahoe.com.

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,678 Posts
Most definetly! Man, even more excited now.

Anyone know if they are going to still to the bike-shop employee deal??
Probably not even going to be worth the bother. I'll just get the season pass, it'll work out just as good for as many days as I'm going to be there.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I'm in! Hopefully my truck will be running by then, If not I'll make a significant contribution towards fuel ect. for any one who can squeeze me and my bike in. I'll find a way there, even if it means sucking up to the GF. I might have to rub some bunions on her feet, but I'll be there with my lift ticket.

BTW, what's the Northstar bomber crew?:ihih:

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
drakan said:
I'm gonna hit that in late june/early july. Anyone up for a few rides with me?
I'll for sure be there opening weekend.

They're using the Zephyr express this year? Are you serious?!?!?!?!

Effin SWEET.

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
it's about time someone starts buying me a 6 pack.....and not the crummy stuff either....I tired of buying
Hey. no one said we wouldn't give you money...we just need a legitimate purchasee.

·
Bum Buzzer
1,991 Posts
Hows northstar?

Where is it?

lol

I have talked too much yap and ridden jack --- This year I get it done,cuz I will die soon... (no not really.)

Looks gnarly and rough - I have friends in LA, SF and a smattering in between - who do I visit, and what else is close to make a bike trip out of? (local trails, other spots.. etc...)

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tim F. said:
BTW, what's the Northstar bomber crew?:ihih:
Anyone that rides Northstar on a kinda frequent basis. (I was there 12 times Summer of 05).

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
matt said:
I rode like 20something times but I am a member of the CTM instead.
Props for the Mac Dre avatar.

Definitley hit me up if you ride Northstar though.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Raptordude said:
Props for the Mac Dre avatar.

Definitley hit me up if you ride Northstar though.
Cut Throat Mob fo' life! yee haha

Yeah I will be up there for many weeks at a time. If you are up there much you will undoubtedly run into me...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
matt said:
Cut Throat Mob fo' life! yee haha

Yeah I will be up there for many weeks at a time. If you are up there much you will undoubtedly run into me...:thumbsup:
dude hit me up when your going, im taking over my aunts apartment at n*

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
Im gonna try to be up there as much as possible. When I go up I'll prob leave friday at lunch and leave sat night or sunday mid day. Im down, we gotta get a shuttle type system down whos driving what weekend so we can car poolieo :D

1 - 20 of 423 Posts