Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Another festivus MIRACLE!
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Anyone know if it's going to be open this summer? The website shows that it will, but I heard through some industry sources that it won't be open.

Anyone know?

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
What industry sources?

Northstar's stated intention is to be open next year.

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
I'm crossing my fingers and hoping so! The base village is STILL under contruction believe it or not, but its a lot better then what it used to be.

My guess is yes, and I'm really hoping they fix it up for 07.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm sorry but I am gonna have to quote you on that. And I'm excited to have more options for lift-served DH. And the guy who poo-pooed Northstar and told everyone to go to Whistler: Two words: Geographical proximity.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
ok last year kiirkwood had bikeing but it was fire roads and XC trails. nothing worth the 45 min drive from any civialisation. cross your figures that N* will be open, but u never know. that place has to way to much to the rich people.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Psycle151 said:
I'm sorry but I am gonna have to quote you on that. And I'm excited to have more options for lift-served DH. And the guy who poo-pooed Northstar and told everyone to go to Whistler: Two words: Geographical proximity.
hmm, I thought I heard it... I know konas sponsoring somewhere for a brand new bike park but i forget where, I though kirkwood

·
Takw/agranofsalt
3,532 Posts
Psycle151 said:
I know but once you've been to whizzler.....well everything pales in comparison. Don't get me wrong, I've been riding N* since 2000 but I'd rather drive an extra hour to Mamooth. Better riding, better terrain and better park manegment. N* needs to step up their game to get my $$$.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
I have heard they are open but then I talked to my local bike shop and one of the guys said they were not going to open so I don't know but save your movey and spend a week at mammath. Mammath is way better.

·
Another festivus MIRACLE!
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I hope it's open too, but I'm just saying that I heard from someone who works in the industry. Who knows if this may be true, but there does seem like alot of construction still needs to be done at N*.

I'd like to try Kirkwood, but if it's not worth it I guess I'll focus on Dville again this summer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.