Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to Tahoe for the weekend and I'd love to hit up Northstar for some downhill. Is it a bad idea to take a hardtail [Specialized Hardrock] down? Not planning anything extreme, just want to do some nice downhill and hopefully make it down in one piece.

Would it be more worth it to just rent one of their DH bikes? Does anyone go down on a hardtail!?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
A buddy of mine just went up on a Spec P.3, SS, with a DJ2 dropped to 90mm up front. He shredded Karpiel, Boondocks, Livewire. Sure it might not have been the most comfortable thing, but he was able to clear everything.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I took my 4'' full susp. XC bike 2 years ago. I had a pretty good time. To get the most out of the hill I would recomend to rent a bike. I would not do it again without at least 6'' of travel.
My two cents....

·
Registered
251 Posts
I like your style

balfabiker22 said:
I pass people on my hardtail even on dogbone and karpiel...so do it!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Balfabiker22,

I like your style! :thumbsup: I have a hardtail and I'm able to ride most trails. Some day will upgrade to a FS, but this is all I have and still doin it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
natrab said:
If you're going to head up there, you might as well get the Snowbomb Tahoe card that's only $20. You get a free ticket to Northstar as well as several free bike rentals and many other deals. That's what I play to do at least.

http://www.snowbomb.com/tahoecard/summer/
Wow thanks! I usually get a snowbomb card in the winter, I didnt even think about getting one for the summer!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Rex_Skidmore said:
Which Balfa hardtail are you riding at North*?
I ride my balfa minuteman, its green, with pike....

I cant wait till i switch to FS because I win many races on my hardtail against all the FS...so that wil be fun:)

Hey ill be up there for the next race on my hardtail...See ya there:D

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.