Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Shop *****
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm going to be in the area this summer, does anyone know what the newly designed Northstar is going to look like? I see it was closed last year, so I dunno what its gonna be like. I was skiing at Heavenly this Christmas. Also, I live like an hour away from Snowshoe, so how do the two parks compare?
But, the main question, anyone got a sneak peek of Northstar? :p

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
You know it snows on those trails in the winter right?

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
What do you want to know?

It's not like there's a publicly available plan or pictures of things that don't exist yet.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
since there is snopw and all......I think they are going to make them all more XC'ish....that way it is already as soon as it stops snowing and they don't have to build a thing

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Less wet and slippery rocks and roots than Snowshoe (Never made it to Snowshoe, but I have ridden East coast). Much more drier, allot of powder like dirt, large rocks, but not the slippery slabs of rock like back east. Not of allot of off-camber stuff either (as compared to east coast).
From my experience, and also talking to other riders living here in CA, originally from East coast...easier riding here not quite as technical, but able to ride at faster speed which makes up for what we lose in technical. Also the runs are generally longer, than most of the east coast runs.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Tim F. said:
Less wet and slippery rocks and roots than Snowshoe (Never made it to Snowshoe, but I have ridden East coast). Much more drier, allot of powder like dirt, large rocks, but not the slippery slabs of rock like back east. Not of allot of off-camber stuff either (as compared to east coast).
From my experience, and also talking to other riders living here in CA, originally from East coast...easier riding here not quite as technical, but able to ride at faster speed which makes up for what we lose in technical. Also the runs are generally longer, than most of the east coast runs.
What are you talking about?

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
new new village is pretty cool. its like a giant castle. They're gona have a hard time keeping bikers off the very very tempting urban treats it has to offer.

·
Shop *****
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Tim F. I'm definetly going to NorthStar this summer, if it's gonna be good... I was thinking it was like a small mtb park, because it looked like it was on a really small mountain. Thanks for clearing it up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.