Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While not even close to the style and air better riders were showcasing off this jump, this sequence is of me. Of course, photo courtesy goes to FP.

We debated with each other, a couple times throughout the day, about what angle and distance pictures should be taken from... and if we should even bother with pictures at all ("oh, c'mon Gary, it'll only take me a minute to hike back up"... "enough dam pictures of you, lets RIDE!").

You already saw this last pic in FP's "Armored Hot Dogs" recap of our day, but it turns out that our debating resulted in two more well timed shots of the jump, creating this sequence of sorts. I thought I'd share.

Attachments

·
trail waggler
1,425 Posts
Looks like some fun stuff!

Great job on the stunt, looks pretty big to me! Is that a Max Backbone frame you're riding? I had a '99 "Boom Tube" FSR, but I always liked the 'Palmer' Backbones, great stuff!

Oh, and is the fella in the second pic running a DC fork on a new Enduro?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
daveM said:
Is that a Max Backbone frame you're riding?
Yep, '99 FSR Elite MAX Backbone. I've been riding it (hard) since Jan '99.

daveM said:
Oh, and is the fella in the second pic running a DC fork on a new Enduro?
I don't know what frame the other guy was riding... but I'm pretty sure it was a DH frame and not an Enduro. He wasn't in our group. FP was waiting for me to come down when the other guy came along, he took the pic initially thinking it was me.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Squizzle said:
Where's this jump at? We were just up there a couple weeks ago and didn't see this one..... perhaps it's brand spankin new?
This was the first time I've been up there in a couple of years. All the man made stunts were new to me, as was the trail Pho Dog... I think this jump is at the bottom of Pho Dog.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Ahem.

Squizzle said:
We were just up there a couple weeks ago and didn't see this one..... perhaps it's brand spankin new?
It's not really a jump, it's more of a pier, with a slanted hillside below to land on. Maybe that's why you don't know of it, you're looking for a jump-type jumpy jump jump.

fp (still bored)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.