Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
fried stuff with cheese
1,293 Posts
Hey Harry.
I'm still going. The small group we had going up is now down to maybe 2 or 3. With yours truly being the only Turner owner. I'll be staying at the campground.
It's a shame there wasn't any more interest than there was, I think that place would surprise a lot of people. I know I discounted it as a strictly XC place but all it took was one trip up to show me the light. Have you hit Sidewinder yet? I haven't but am looking forward to it. I guess it's a more DH version of Toady's Tour. Can't wait for that.
Stop by the campground and say hi or keep your eye out for a dorky looking dude on a silver spot. Hope to see you up there.
Ed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Too Late

I was up there last weekend. The weather was perfect and the campground was rockin'.
Make sure to hit Jaw,Dead moose, J-bar,sidewinder, The big loop on the darling side ( ask Ransom at the shop) and climb to the top and hit East Bowl or the Downhill trail, but to be completely honest I'd go with the East Bowl trail cuz the Downhill trail was more hiking than riding. One more thing, forgo the shower and just take a dip in the river behind the shop, wildly refreshing.
Trout river brewery was pretty good, limited to Pizza and crazy hours.Go with the beer sampler, more for the buck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.