Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Trails might not even be open by Memorial day.
Depends on how much more snow they get, and how wet the spring is.
-Dan

·
Inbred Homebrewer
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AOF said:
Trails might not even be open by Memorial day.
Depends on how much more snow they get, and how wet the spring is.
-Dan
Great. This is an encouraging thread, lol. Someone from the KTA said that, weather permitting, the trails open May 1st. I figured they'd probably be dry (enough) by the end of the month.

Not the case, in your opinon?

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'm a bit sour on Memorial Day at the KT.
A few years back I planned a businees trip to Montreal and on the return I figured I would spend the weekend at KT.
Got alot of rain, had some snow, and needless to say, they were closed.
-Dan

·
beer thief
4,931 Posts
Stick said:
Great. This is an encouraging thread, lol. Someone from the KTA said that, weather permitting, the trails open May 1st. I figured they'd probably be dry (enough) by the end of the month.

Not the case, in your opinon?
They should be plenty dry enough to be open, but the weather of the past few years has been erratic at best. You just can't count on any weekend being dry. Especially long ones.

The black flies will be hungry, but not out if it's raining...

·
well mannered lout
3,408 Posts
Memorial Day '06

We made plans to go up to NEK last year and the weather was sketchy up until the last couple days. The KTA website posted on maybe Tuesday or Wednesday before the holiday that everyone should make the trip and that almost all trais would be open.We drove up in light rain,set up camp[we stay at White Caps on the lake] made lunch and openned a couple bottles of wine thinking that the day was probably a waste.An hour later the sun started to show. An hour after that the four of us were blasting down Tody's Tour.It turned out to be a perfect weekend. Just no telling in February what the spring will be like, but we're all planning to be there Memorial Day until there's a reason to call it off.

·
IMBA Canada
844 Posts
biggearss said:
Yes your right one never knows what the weather will do in the North East Kingdom.
Last year we rode the Kingdom Trails in late April... things were increadibly dry... Dusty stuff... And then in May, things got wet and KTA closed for at least 2-3 weeks in a row!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Rode the Kingdom Trails in June last year after shed loads of rain (think it rained for 9 or 10 days out of 14)but the day we got was the best of the holiday, twas so good we're returning again this year!
Not a huge fan of the black flies given that I had huge lumps and track marks on my forearms and swelling the size of a Kiwi on the inner part of my knee...brutal!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.