Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
My gloves stink
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's be green on our way to turning brown. I'm driving to the Lake Sonoma race on Saturday from Petaluma. I've got room in my van for 3 more riders and bikes. Lemme know if you want to vanpool. Departure from Petaluma about 8:15 AM. I am willing to pick up riders along the way. I plan to stay for the burgers and beer following the race, so we'd probably be there until about 1PM.

Drop me a PM if you're interested.

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts
Drop your fares!

Appendage said:
Let's be green on our way to turning brown. I'm driving to the Lake Sonoma race on Saturday from Petaluma. I've got room in my van for 3 more riders and bikes. Lemme know if you want to vanpool. Departure from Petaluma about 8:15 AM. I am willing to pick up riders along the way. I plan to stay for the burgers and beer following the race, so we'd probably be there until about 1PM.

Drop me a PM if you're interested.
You'll get some more hits! Hey good luck tomorrow Master Appendage. :thumbsup: Looks like you'll be missing Todd and myself, so hopefully there's some more vetran riders coming up there besides the 3 of us last race. :rolleyes: :D

·
My gloves stink
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gonna be lonely

JMac47 said:
You'll get some more hits! Hey good luck tomorrow Master Appendage. :thumbsup: Looks like you'll be missing Todd and myself, so hopefully there's some more vetran riders coming up there besides the 3 of us last race. :rolleyes: :D
No you, no Todd, no Greg, no fun!

·
My gloves stink
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The scoop

JMac47 said:
Well? NorCal'rs are waiting. What's the scoop. :cool:
The scoop: no one wants to vanpool. I guess gas still isn't expensive enough, or there's not enough carbon in the air, or maybe they got wind that I'm a sociopath trawling for potential playthings.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Race report

Hey JMac -
Although I was not there I know a few who were. As usual Bikemonkey put on a great event and the course did not let anyone down. A full on mudfest, tough on riders and gear. A number of run up sections and sketchy slick descents.

Results are here

A good sized crew from Novato was up there, high school kids and adult kids. FYI... The men's Expert winner is a high school sophomore, 15/16 year old. Second place expert a high school Sr.

The old guys sleep in, bail on carpools, and leave the door wide open for the youngsters!

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts
Hah!

fat.tires said:
Hey JMac -
Although I was not there I know a few who were. As usual Bikemonkey put on a great event and the course did not let anyone down. A full on mudfest, tough on riders and gear. A number of run up sections and sketchy slick descents.

Results are here

A good sized crew from Novato was up there, high school kids and adult kids. FYI... The men's Expert winner is a high school sophomore, 15/16 year old. Second place expert a high school Sr.

The old guys sleep in, bail on carpools, and leave the door wide open for the youngsters!
Who are you, and most importantly, why do you know so much about 15/16 yo young men? :skep: Alot of familiar names. I even noticed the "infamous" Fritzaholic" was in the running! :thumbsup:

All that aside, 85 racers seems like a great turnout. A good portion of NorCal HS kids I take it? Talked to my bro and he said the highschool bike team scene is going to explode nationwide. :thumbsup: Great venues to come.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Let's just say I eat a lot of their dust....

Not sure about the entire race roster but for sure some NorCal HS racers there enjoying their off week. From the city of Novato - 3 from San Marin HS, 2 from Novato HS and 1 who goes to MC - all on the podium. 2 of our HS ride leaders as well, and on the podium.

The overall pro winner is also a HS kid but unfortunately not racing NorCal due to his coach's team training requirement. With a little luck, the kid's heading back to the UCI Worlds again this year, this time as a Senior, and is arguably THE fastest kid in CA. His personal goals and training routine do not sync up with his NorCal HS team, and the coach of that team says - All or Nothing. Really, ...NorCal or Worlds? Smart kid.

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts
Really. Coach says huh...

fat.tires said:
The overall pro winner is also a HS kid but unfortunately not racing NorCal due to his coach's team training requirement. With a little luck, the kid's heading back to the UCI Worlds again this year, this time as a Senior, and is arguably THE fastest kid in CA. His personal goals and training routine do not sync up with his NorCal HS team, and the coach of that team says - All or Nothing. Really, ...NorCal or Worlds? Smart kid.
Dario who? (Just a wild guess on my part....). That's great to have a NorCal kid represent'n at Worlds. :thumbsup:

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts
Ok, ok.....

Appendage said:
The scoop: no one wants to vanpool. I guess gas still isn't expensive enough, or there's not enough carbon in the air, or maybe they got wind that I'm a sociopath trawling for potential playthings.
But I was thinking more on the lines of your usually articulate (sp?.....) review of the days event. Nevermind, carry on looking for your pillow. :D

·
Shocks?, Pegs?... Lucky!
799 Posts
JMac47 said:
Who are you, and most importantly, why do you know so much about 15/16 yo young men? :skep: Alot of familiar names. I even noticed the "infamous" Fritzaholic" was in the running! :thumbsup:

All that aside, 85 racers seems like a great turnout. A good portion of NorCal HS kids I take it? Talked to my bro and he said the highschool bike team scene is going to explode nationwide. :thumbsup: Great venues to come.
I am out of retirement. I even got the better half to race as well. She's gonna kill it at Boggs. I totally forgot about how critical gear selection is for that course on an SS. I was running 34x19 and nailed the first half of the first lap...
I pretty much suffered the next 3 1/2 laps. I would've DFL'd if two others hadn't dropped out. Oh well, I got the first race out of the way, been too long.

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts
Good to hear Fritz

fritzaholic said:
I am out of retirement. I even got the better half to race as well. She's gonna kill it at Boggs. I totally forgot about how critical gear selection is for that course on an SS. I was running 34x19 and nailed the first half of the first lap...
I pretty much suffered the next 3 1/2 laps. I would've DFL'd if two others hadn't dropped out. Oh well, I got the first race out of the way, been too long.
On the ret/sig other comment. Was that her in the SS cat too?:cool: , but wtf? 2:1 on 29'r, first race of season, 4 laps, Lake Sonoma and a mudfest! Way to get it out of the way though!

BTW, Roger___ called you to the white courtesy phone in another thread on here. Quit being so eluSSive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.