Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Being the fisherman that I am, that looks like the perfect excursion. Riding some awesome trails and fishing the Umpqua in the early morning and evenings.

Inspiring photos, got me thinking I need to make some plans.

·
Registered
13,119 Posts
You guys aren't much for riding trail features are you? First you remove the table top then you avoid the perfect deer hucking opportunity. Sheesh.;)

Beautiful stuff. Looks like a place I need to go.

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glen Campbell said:
hey those were aewsome, Im going to do a trip this July down on the Umpqua, ware is a good place to camp and begin the ride?
With 70 miles of trail split up into 10 sections, and about a dozen campgrounds evenly dispersed along the trail, your options are endles.
Check out this PDF trail map from the USFS about the North Umpqua trail. The trailhead and campground info are also shown.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/umpqua/publications/Brochures/north-umpqua-trail-brochure.pdf

As summer progresses, the lower 3-5 sections can get pretty well overgrown with Poison oak for those who are sensitive. The upper areas should be great in late July, so I'd recommend Hot Springs section + Dread and Terror section, and add Dear Leap on if you have the energy. Lemolo (above DnT) is also fun, and should be mosquito free by then.
Be aware that the Tioga section will be closed this summer to repair some trail damage and to build a new bridge. It's a fun section, but there's plenty of other trail to enjoy.
Have fun!!:thumbsup:

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
KRob said:
You guys aren't much for riding trail features are you? First you remove the table top then you avoid the perfect deer hucking opportunity. Sheesh.;)

Beautiful stuff. Looks like a place I need to go.
I was afraid that deer hucking photos would get this thread shut down!;)

Maybe next time:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.