Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick trail condition update:
We rode the North Shore Trail (Lookout Point Reservoir) today and it is heavily overgrown with both blackberry bushes and poison oak. So unless you enjoy a post ride scrub-down with Tecnu (which is fun with the blackberry cuts) you might want to choose another after work ride.
Happy trails,
Nate

·
Making fat cool since '71
1,840 Posts
That trail is all kinds of covered and it's still not near as bad as NorthFork was three weeks ago. That may be difficult to imagine, but wow...P.O. freakin everywhere. It seems like there is only about a 5 week window in late spring and then 5-8 week window in the fall when NorthShore can be ridden without either getting covered in the crap juice or destroying the tread due to soggy/muddy conditions.

That sucks your ride was pooped on. Just a few minutes further out South Willy/Hardesty/Goodman are all pretty OK regarding PO. The parking area has more (south end) than is on the trails right now.

Brock...

·
Ya Darn Tootin'!
50 Posts
Nate Dogg,

Yep. North Shore is best in spring before it turns into an absolute jungle.

Seems like Oregon mt. bikers are migratory types.
We seem to move from the low stuff in the spring to the mid-elevation Oakridge trails in summer and end the season with fall in the high country.
We don't look back much as it just gets better as the season goes on.

Too bad..... you guys missed a good Goodman/Eagles session last night!
I won't make you feel too jealous, but it was FAST and FLOWING YET AGAIN!!!

Next Wed.....Goodman Ghetto Ride 6:15.
The fun continues.

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
TadPole said:
Nate Dogg,

The fun continues.
Aren't you breaking some sorta rule inviting the general public to a ghetto ride?? I always assumed we weren't welcome!:p

Anyways, it was you who missed the good times on Goodman+Eagle's Rest last night. You might have done the ride, but you didn't hang out to enjoy the sunset, and the party on top.:nono:

It's ok, I hear you're afraid of the dark!:eekster:

·
Ya Darn Tootin'!
50 Posts
The first Ghetto rule is that I make the Ghetto rules.
.....it's just that no one listens to me.
...and I don't like the dark. .....I get escared.

As far as joining in, ......all are invited.
Just remember......it's always a race.
In the infamous words of The Kiwi:
"Cut out all that chitty chatty! We gotta get a workout, Mate!"

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TadPole said:
Nate Dogg,

Yep. North Shore is best in spring before it turns into an absolute jungle.

Seems like Oregon mt. bikers are migratory types.
We seem to move from the low stuff in the spring to the mid-elevation Oakridge trails in summer and end the season with fall in the high country.
We don't look back much as it just gets better as the season goes on.

The fun continues.
Yeah, I believe that the next after work ride will be either the Goodman area or Brice Creek.
I believe we saw you guys behind us on the drive back into town, I remember feeling jealous.

Anyways, I guess we'll just chalk it up as trail beta testing and we were just taking one for the team. ;)
Nate

P.S. Might ride Goodman next Wednesday evening, depends if I want to save my legs or not; we are going to complete the whole NUT the following weekend Fri,Sat,& Sun).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts