Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
In the rear with the beer
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if you were spending 2 days at the north rim and wanted to get in 4-6 hours of solid riding each day, what would you do??

·
Tucson, AZ
2,980 Posts
Day 1: Rainbow Rim Trail. Drink Beer on side of Rainbow Rim Trail at Locust Pt. The trail is only 18 miles one-way, but you could easily do an out-n-back in 3-6 hours. This is a ride that you should do with a camera and a flask. Want more mileage? Head to Point Sublime that is just inside the park's boundary.

Day 2: Arizona Trail from the North Rim/Kaibab to Jacob's Lake is a must. This is a shuttle ride if you want to do the entire route. Sweet singletrack, big meadows, and the East Rim might be better than what you see at Rainbow Rim Trail. While picking up your car in the park, go to the lodge and have some pyramid hefe and pizza. If you want more mileage, add the final part of the AZT to the Utah border.

I have the GPX track and maps if you need them.

·
In the rear with the beer
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any extra info/insight on the AZT portion? Best start/stop/access points? Distances? Refill opportunities? terrain? We're planning to hit it this weekend. We'll have 2 cars so we would be able to shuttle if that makes for the best trip.....

I've got an AZ trail map I'm gonna pull out tonight, but any on the ground intel always helps....

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
3 sections

The AZ Trail or Kaibab Trail as it's also known is mainly 3 sections. 21 miles to the Utah border from 89a, with a lot of descent, shuttle, downhill northward.
The second section is 30 miles of pine and aspen forest to East View point from 89a. The last is 7 miles south to the National Park and the highest elevation of the trail.
This is the most Colorado like trail in Arizona.
Don't forget you're 90 miles from Gooseberry Mesa and Little Creek Mountain, some of the most fun riding, anywhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.