Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dave
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey All,

Patti and I just got back from 4 days at the North Rim of the Big hole in AZ. We slept by the side of the Canyon at Timp Point and rode the Rainbow trail. The trail is 36 mi long round trip. We did it in 5:30 hours riding time. There are so many places to take pictures. We barely had enough water to get back. We did bring an extra 100 oz in that big bag on the back of the Dosniner. It was a great time. Camping, cooking, boiling water with the new Jetboil was fantastic. Patti makes a killer breakfast. The temps in the morning were 60 and boy did it feel great.
The trail is fun both ways with some long mellow descents and easy uphills. We saw 7 deer and many chipmunks and squirrels and one Condor. They are magnificent birds, huge wingspan. Anyway here are some shots and a video or two. Hope you all enjoy.
Dave

video 1
video 2

Attachments

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
oh boy, pretty country indeed. wish i had known you and patti were going camping up there, i would've invited myself!:p

i rode most of that trail back in 04 with a tour outfit but we camped in the middle point (locust?) and split the rides first to timp and the next morning headed the other way which, imo, was more fun and purty.

you guys planning to go back again? heh heh

·
In the rear with the beer
1,314 Posts
We probably crossed paths at some point during the weekend. Me and 2 friends were camped at Locust point, did out and back to timp on Saturday once we got there and settled, then yesterday out and back the other way, refuel at camp then out and back to timp again.
Nothing beats waking up to a massive view of the canyon through the mesh of your tent!!! Can't wait to go back.

·
pedaller
2,400 Posts
Very Nice!

Nice work Dave & Patti!

Your campsite looked very familiar ;) and I see you made it out there with the car! How was the drive? Did you have Timp all to yourselves? 4 days - Did you get to check out any of the AZ Trail?

Loved the video. I remember the 31 mile mark and looking forward to making it back to camp too!

Thanks for bringing back the memories...

We'll have to put this on the list for next year again for sure!

·
A Huckin' Hypocrite
378 Posts
Wow!

Very cool place to ride and good thinkin' bringin' along a good cook!

·
Dave
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Noelg said:
Nice work Dave & Patti!

Your campsite looked very familiar ;) and I see you made it out there with the car! How was the drive? Did you have Timp all to yourselves? 4 days - Did you get to check out any of the AZ Trail?

Loved the video. I remember the 31 mile mark and looking forward to making it back to camp too!

Thanks for bringing back the memories...

We'll have to put this on the list for next year again for sure!
The car made it fine over all of those Forest roads with no problem. No we had two next door from Texas, but they were no trouble at all. The AZ trail was near by? shoot :madman: We only rode that one day. Something about just being there and relaxing was enought for me. I got to read a book.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.