Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
859 Posts
Make it a 11:30pm start time and I can join ya, otherwise I may see you at the end of your ride as I start mine. I usally ride that trail everyother wednesday nights with the SSer who works at Buffalo wild wings.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I'd love to join you but the start time just doesn't work for me due to the kiddos; dinner, homework etc. If you ever want to do this route during the day with a start time of like 8 or 9 let me know.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I would be game. I had no idea there were trails there! Are they more cross country, or more chunky? I have a 4" travel hardtail...

I will say though, I am not the fastest rider, and being it's a night ride on a trail I have never ridden, I am only game if'n it's a no drop ride.:D

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
of course it's a no-dropper ride. My friend Russell is here visiting and this is his first time on Sonoran also. If someone gets gapped we regroup a few times, recover, especially at trail junctions and prime overlook spots. No worries, show up, ride, good times!

You'll dig these trails. It has "hilly race course" written all over it. Very fun, flowing trails elevated above the desert.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we'll give SS'er a shout. AJ, we will do some day rides soon. Put Flight of the Pigs on your schedule if you can. Great all day ride...national C2C, up to T100, Papago, back to start/post ride party. It will be here before we know it. OINK!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would be game. I had no idea there were trails there! Are they more cross country, or more chunky? I have a 4" travel hardtail...

I will say though, I am not the fastest rider, and being it's a night ride on a trail I have never ridden, I am only game if'n it's a no drop ride.:D
More XC, perfect for a hardtail, mostly climbs/descents with a flat section between the peaks. Climbs, fast downhills, no chunk factor...just grip it and rip! Fun day and night.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
OK, I am in for sure. Looking online it looks like there's a decent amount of parking there too... I am freaking pumped about this. Love discovering new trails right in my back yard! And looking at your GPS track that's about my speed too, so good to go. :thumbsup:

I might just bump my road ride tomorrow morning to go do some exploring here instead!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
we'll give SS'er a shout. AJ, we will do some day rides soon. Put Flight of the Pigs on your schedule if you can. Great all day ride...national C2C, up to T100, Papago, back to start/post ride party. It will be here before we know it. OINK!
I'd love to do FOTP but that is my wife's shopping day.
Yup, she's one of "those people".

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Well, I just got back from a short recon ride. Legs were still a little fried from yesterdays and Saturday's rides, so I only did the North loop.

What a fantastic trail! 5.5 miles and over 750 feet of climbing!!!! Friggin heaven.

I will be there tomorrow absolutely for sure. White Subaru Outback and a tan and white Kona Cinder Cone. Name's Ryan.

:thumbsup:
I am psyched about this. So excited to take my wife on these trails soon. She loves the XC stuff, but a lot of what I normally ride is too rocky for her liking. This trail is literally perfect for her.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Is there an updated map out for the new loop? I've been out there a few times before it was officially open, but I'd like to see which sections they were done with.
I'd love to get out there with you guys, but I work until 11pm, so I'm forced to be out late like TacoBeer.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I am definitely interested in checking it out again. Last time I went, the south loop was not finished. In Las Cruces this week but maybe next. I am at least going to try to snag your GPX.file

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the weekly TNR has been going @ Deem Hills for about a year. This week we decided to change it up and do Sonoran Preserve, which is a short distance away east of I-17. We have actually done a couple of combo rides from Deem Hills-Sonoran Pres-Deem Hills.

We should alternate between DH and SP every week, for the peeps in the Norht Valley, Stetson Hills/Valley, Fireside, Tramonto, Cave Creek areas.
Spread the word/come when you can.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.