Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Afric Pepperbird
4,752 Posts
I'm thinking of hitting tomorrow North Fork - M/W - Flagline Access - Flagline Tie and back.

Does anyone know the current M/W snow and deadfall conditions? I have a sneaky suspicion that as I ride into the top of Dutchman Flat sno-park, I'll still see lots of snow. But I hope I'm wrong.

And I may as well take advantage of the Flagline Access to Vista trail before it becomes it's annual quicksand pit. Boy, does that get bogged down in sand. Too bad a reroute can't be constructed.

Thanks

·
Keep Singletrack Single
1,147 Posts
dirt farmer said:
I'm thinking of hitting tomorrow North Fork - M/W - Flagline Access - Flagline Tie and back.

Does anyone know the current M/W snow and deadfall conditions? I have a sneaky suspicion that as I ride into the top of Dutchman Flat sno-park, I'll still see lots of snow. But I hope I'm wrong.

And I may as well take advantage of the Flagline Access to Vista trail before it becomes it's annual quicksand pit. Boy, does that get bogged down in sand. Too bad a reroute can't be constructed.

Thanks
The COTA Worklog shows that a crew has been up there clearing. Not sure about snow. I was hoping to hit on Saturday morning.

·
Afric Pepperbird
4,752 Posts
willem3 said:
The COTA Worklog shows that a crew has been up there clearing. Not sure about snow. I was hoping to hit on Saturday morning.
Actually, the work log showed they cleared to .3 miles above Happy Valley.

I am wondering if anyone has ventured further.

·
Stroke my hair vest
96 Posts
dirt farmer said:
Actually, the work log showed they cleared to .3 miles above Happy Valley.

I am wondering if anyone has ventured further.
I explored yesterday and the snow begins within 500 meters and blowdown about 1/2 mile up. That there is an 8 mile trail, who knows how much blowdown is up there. But, please, a ride report would be great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lot of snow

We tried to go up Saturday. Maybe half a mile past the turnoff at happy valley we started to hit patches of snow. We hiked our bikes for a while, hoping it'd clear as we got off the northfacing section, but it kept getting worse. Couldn't even follow the trail, under several feet of snow. We finally bushwacked up to the dirt road and carried that back around to the top of Mrazek.

And fyi, I think Flagline is closed for elk calving until 8/15. We were planning to swing around the backside of Tumelo to drop in.

Mrazek and all the Phils usuals were great though.

·
Afric Pepperbird
4,752 Posts
Thanks for the heads up all!

waterflow, the Flagline trail proper is, indeed, closed until 8/15. However, the Flagline Access and Flagline Tie trails are under no such restrictions. Thank goodness.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts