Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I've gotten back into riding I need to find some more local rides for after work "quick fixes" I live in Mountlake Terrace. I know Japanese Gultch, Eddy's, Hamlin park (no worth the ride). I would love to find some trails that are close and can kill an hour or so riding.

There's a thread about lynnwood rides, but It didn't seem very fruit full. I tried to find the stuff by floral hill, but I looks like it's gone.

Idealy I'd love to know of places between Lynnhood-Everett-Woodenville area. I frequently run out to duval/carnation for rides but it's alittle too far for quick fix type rides.

What about Paradise Valley. I know it's closed, but I've heard so many good things about it I have thought about poaching it. Will you be hassled if you go out there for a ride every now and then.(I know it's wrong, but I'm very interested)

Good direction to trail heads would be very helpfull.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Hmm maybe me and you should go out and explore? :D haha i don't even know where the trailhead is.... :p

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
The trails North of Floral Hills are still there. Definately an hour in there.
Lord Hill is nearby as are Lee Forest and, yeah, Paradise.

I grew up in MLT and there used to be a HUGE riding area from the Texaco on 228th and 44th all the way south past 236th. All homes and apartments now... :(

There may be some riding that could kill an hour in the gully off 48th. We used to call the lower end "Candycane Park" because the swings, etc, were painted that way.
Also, I've heard of some riding near the old Nike Missle site in Brier. Behind the elementary.
That would be enough to kill an hour as well.

I'd never tell you to ride PV. Due to the political hotbed that it is. But, you wouldn't get your bike confiscated or anything.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
The "easiest" way would be to head west off North Road at the powerlines. But, if you go farther North on North road and head left down to the dead ends, you can pick it up there too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.