Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WARNING! These ideas will probably give some of you a "knee jerk" reaction, please read them responsibly...they're so far-fetched, they just might work.
Over in the Green Bay area, we're seriously contemplating the first ever back to back Wisconsin Endurance Mountain Series epic weekend on Labor Day weekend. Saturday, Sept 3rd at Brown County Reforestation Camp and Sunday the 4th at Kewaunee Winter Park (or Riverview). This post is intended to be a point/counterpoint to see what "out-of-towners" think about the idea.

Pros: gas/travel time cut in half, discounts to those registering for both events, additional awards for those partaking in the epic weekend, and lots of other bennies yet to be determined.

Cons: shelling out $ for a hotel or campgound, physical nature of the events, although you could look at it as another 24 hour event, just spread out over 36 hours ;-).

As an aside, an alternative would be the first ever WEMS/WORS weekend in Kewaunee. Saturday WEMS at Winter Park, Sunday WORS at Riverview.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is an idea that leaves me with a smile on the face. I am not an "out-of towner" as I do live in Wisconsin. I would be very interested in the endurace weekend, as there is no doubt it would be epic...maybe harder than a straight solo 24hr race!

However something to consider...24hr Worlds is in BC that same weekend. I don't know how many people you would really lose from that...but as of right now I am planning on doing Worlds in BC.

Just something to think about. Keep us posted!!!!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I like the idea! Very different.

12 Hours of Winter is hard as hell the way it is with all it's steep climbs. Throw in 12 hours at the reforest. camp before racing Winter for 12 hours and you have a death march. :eek:

When do we sign up? :D

Just make camping available, and keep the fees low, and I am all in.

I have done both these events and have hotel'd it in Green Bay in the past. I think both venues are like 20 minutes from town in either direction if I am not mistaking.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yooper comment

Fantastic idea for a weekend. There are a bunch of us, or at least a few, that might be up for such a double. The issue is that the Copper Harbor Fat Tire Festival is that weekend and we tend to draw from that area of Wisconsin and the UP. 30+ miles of point ot point racing plus a great party is tough to give up. Is there another weekend for it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
An epic weekend it will be!

Mark your calendars for the N.E.W. "24" (12 + 12) weekend; with the Stump Farm 12 Saturday, September 2 at Brown County Reforestation Camp and the 12 Hours of Winter Sunday, September 3rd at Kewaunee Winter Park. Perks for those competing both days yet to be determined.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts