Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys?? we doin this thing or what??? When? Where? Watters Smith?? Valley Falls?? Anyone doing any riding on Saturday??? Where at???

Ummmmmmm....i'm thinking i'd feel more comfortable right now riding with someone on trails that they know....i rode a lil bit of Watters Smith tonight, and the Rachael Hershey trail is a sunuvabich....but then i rode the dogwood trail, and it seemed a lil easier!!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
I could go to Watters Smith tomorrow (thursday) evening and show you around if your interested.

yea, the highwall on dogwood just plain SUCKS! But there is no way around it and the trails on top are worth the hike-a-bike.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
wvmtb said:
I could go to Watters Smith tomorrow (thursday) evening and show you around if your interested.

yea, the highwall on dogwood just plain SUCKS! But there is no way around it and the trails on top are worth the hike-a-bike.
I THOUGHT I mentioned the some thing in another post. In one of the mulitple posts here but for some reason it doesn't seem to show up.

Anyhow, you guys wanna meet out there at 5:30? I don't know the area at all so tell me where to park.

·
Registered
470 Posts
crashedandburned said:
I THOUGHT I mentioned the some thing in another post. In one of the mulitple posts here but for some reason it doesn't seem to show up.

Anyhow, you guys wanna meet out there at 5:30? I don't know the area at all so tell me where to park.
I remember that post but I don't think anyone agreed on a date, time or place.
But I could do 5:30 @ Watters. Anyone else in?

From I-79 take the Lost Creek Exit (I believe exit#110) and go towards West Milford (west of 79) at about 5 miles turn left onto Duck Creek Rd that will take you into the park (about 2 miles). Once in the park take the 3rd left towards the Park Office/Activity building.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
wvmtb said:
I remember that post but I don't think anyone agreed on a date, time or place.
But I could do 5:30 @ Watters. Anyone else in?

From I-79 take the Lost Creek Exit (I believe exit#110) and go towards West Milford (west of 79) at about 5 miles turn left onto Duck Creek Rd that will take you into the park (about 2 miles). Once in the park take the 3rd left towards the Park Office/Activity building.
I'll be there. I can be there @ 5 if ya want.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Sounds good, I can be there as early as 4:30.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should be a go too....i should be there closer to 5:30 though...i'll be driving a maroon rav4 with bike on top of it!!!!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
So lets just shoot for 5:30 then. I'll be in a blue Tacoma.

3 and counting.....

·
Registered
470 Posts
Good deal! I think I might take my bike to work with me and go down after I get out of there. So I will probably be there around 4:30 and I'll just ride around till anyone else shows up.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Trails up there beginner friendly? Couldn't make it tomorrow but maybe some future meet-ups.

·
Registered
470 Posts
For those of you that can't make it tonight we will try to get another ride together some other evening.

Few rocks and roots but for the biggest part it is pretty beginner friendly. Going up the high wall SUCKS reguardless of your skill level. And then when you go off the other side there are a good selection of rocks that a lot of beginners will not like. It's about a 9 mile loop the way we usually run it.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
wvmtb said:
For those of you that can't make it tonight we will try to get another ride together some other evening.

Few rocks and roots but for the biggest part it is pretty beginner friendly. Going up the high wall SUCKS reguardless of your skill level. And then when you go off the other side there are a good selection of rocks that a lot of beginners will not like. It's about a 9 mile loop the way we usually run it.
I was under the impression that this was going to be a wkly ride, different locations and paces.

·
Registered
470 Posts
crashedandburned said:
I was under the impression that this was going to be a wkly ride, different locations and paces.
Sounds good to me but I am not sure that I can make it every week, so we will have to have a few more than what we have tonight. Or else move it to Tuesday and when all else fails go ride in philippi. They always have at lease 1 in thier group ride ;)

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
wvmtb said:
Sounds good to me but I am not sure that I can make it every week, so we will have to have a few more than what we have tonight. Or else move it to Tuesday and when all else fails go ride in philippi. They always have at lease 1 in thier group ride ;)
Oh, I understand. I didn't mean to imply that everyone would make it every wk. Just to plan a wkly thing and see who shows up.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Trail Traveler said:
I wanted to be there for tonight's ride, but I have to be at Valley Falls at 7 to sign a waiver so I can do some volunteer trail work.
Sounds like we will be doing it again. So maybe you can join us the next time.
I refuse to do trail work at Valley because I don't care for the park ranger there. The Ranger at Watters Smith appriciates what we have done to the trails there. But it's good that someone is willing to maintain the trails at Valley, because it's in dire need of some help.

Opps! I got a liitle off subject....anyway, we will have 1 more for tonights ride.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts