Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for sugestions on a shoe. Something that blends in to looking like a normal everyday shoe would be nice. Also wondering if there are any with a softer sole? I have owned one pair of bike shoes and it was rather difficult to do much normal walking in. Under $60 please

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just thinking there might be some kind of middle ground. I know the shoes I had were stiff. Very and was thinking there might be some kinda in the middle. Id say about as stiff as a new pair of boots. Im not talking like tennis shoes or anything like that.

·
just along for the ride
3,033 Posts
Its not the shoe its the bottom that interacts with the pedal/cleat, you want it to be hard plastic so if you miss the clip in you can slide into the clip. Nothing more fustrating than having a shoe botton that will not slide into the clip, everything outside of the slip in area is not important, be it soft or hard, always look at the immediate area where the clip in happens and make sure its hard plastic insert cause if its rubber you will be hunting to be clipped in.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
I have the Shimano MT30 Sport shoes. Look mostly like regular shoes, are pretty stiff but you can easily walk in them. I caught the corner of a rock on trail one evening and the shoes took the hit - my foot didn't even feel it. I've been really happy with these - in fact I use them on my roadbike too :eek:

$65.00

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.