Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Is that Bill rated?
440 Posts
Small

I find it unlikely that you will enjoy a medium. The small Nitro Niner fits almost the same as their medium Nitro with 26" wheels, I am 5'10" with 31" inseam and I test rode the small a couple of times last summer and it was a great bike, I am sure with a shorter stem you will be gold.

·
Is that Bill rated?
440 Posts
Sizing

It is difficult to say for sure about the over all fit, but I think you will be ok for standover with your 31" inseam. The top tube is long on the small compared to most small bikes, but with a shorter stem you should be able to dial in reach. The wheelbase will almost certainly be longer than any 26" bike you have ever ridden, but I did not notice the Nitro-niner being ill behaved because of its length.
What bike are you riding right now? What size, length of stem etc.

·
Is that Bill rated?
440 Posts
16 or 18

Giant seems to list a 16" and an 18" frame on their site. If you have the 18 the transition will be seemless, the sixteen will need a little work because it is quite a bit shorter than the Nitro Niner.

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
According to my calculations the Small Nitro Niner has a 23.4" Effective Top Tube length. I'd say you defnitely would want to go with the small size as I think the Medium would be a bit too long in the ETT deptartment.

That is a really sharp and well priced bike IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.