Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to buy a Norco Nitro-Niner, but I'm not sure which size (small or medium) I would need. I'm 5'5" and my inseam is about 31". Any help?

EDIT: I'm thinking I would definitely need a small. But now I'm wondering whether or not it would be too big for me??

·
Registered
536 Posts
kimmeh! said:
I'm looking to buy a Norco Nitro-Niner, but I'm not sure which size (small or medium) I would need. I'm 5'5" and my inseam is about 31". Any help?

EDIT: I'm thinking I would definitely need a small. But now I'm wondering whether or not it would be too big for me??
You're probably too small for a 29er to work well for you. Due to the large wheels, 29er geometry is really compromised on small frame sizes, at a minimum you will have toe overlap issues. I'd look at the normal Nitro instead, or one of the newer 650B bikes from a small manufacturer which give you some of the advantages of a 29er in a wheel size better suited to a short rider.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
thecrazyfinn said:
You're probably too small for a 29er to work well for you. Due to the large wheels, 29er geometry is really compromised on small frame sizes, at a minimum you will have toe overlap issues. I'd look at the normal Nitro instead, or one of the newer 650B bikes from a small manufacturer which give you some of the advantages of a 29er in a wheel size better suited to a short rider.
Sorry, but this just isn't necessarily the case. In our state series there are several guys/gals in the 5'5" range that are competitive on 29ers and won't give them up for anything. At 5'5" something with the same "or close to" the geometry as a 15" Fisher
29er should fit you well.:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts