Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I know you guys were looking for new big travel bikes but for those on the other end of things the Norco XC WorldCup team looked to be on new hardtails at Albstadt Germany this weekend!

·
Registered
454 Posts
The torrent was effectively dropped in 2018 with only limited model rollover for 2019.

At one point there were rumors of a steel torrent, but it doesn't look like anything came from that.

I would hope that the Fluid HT just gets a geometry and rear through axle match to the Fluid FS, or at least do a higher end fluid HT with a rear through axle in the 1 and 2 levels of the bike. I'd understand if they didn't want to update the $1200 Canadian dollar build option.

I will say this though - another major Canadian player is going to come out with an absolutely bonkers 29x2.6 hardtail sometime over this summer. Think Doctahawk levels of crazy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
At one point there were rumors of a steel torrent, but it doesn't look like anything came from that.

I would hope that the Fluid HT just gets a geometry and rear through axle match to the Fluid FS, or at least do a higher end fluid HT with a rear through axle in the 1 and 2 levels of the bike. I'd understand if they didn't want to update the $1200 Canadian dollar build option.

I will say this though - another major Canadian player is going to come out with an absolutely bonkers 29x2.6 hardtail sometime over this summer. Think Doctahawk levels of crazy.
Can confirm steel Torrent and new Fluid HT frames for 2020 :p

·
Registered
229 Posts
I had asked about when 2020 Sight carbon frames would show up on the builder (since they have limited colours right now). "Couldn't say"

2019 run is done though (no surprise there).

·
Registered
454 Posts
I wouldn't count on anything 2020 showing up for Norco for a long time. Outside of mid-year releases (current Optic, new Revolver) their typical release schedule as far as actual availability is usually November through February.... there were a few lucky folks who got Aurum HSP's in August last year but most were Feb/March/April, for example.

1 - 20 of 234 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.