Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey kiddos,

I'm staying in the Sacramento area and have time to ride the next few days. Never ridden up here but was thinking of checking out Auburn State park and doing this route.

http://www.geoladders.com/show_route.php?route=14382

I'll probably download the route to my GPS for guidance.

I'm primarily an intermediate XC guy. I'll be riding a hardtail 29er. Ridden a lot in the Santa Ana Mountains in Socal hopefully a little climbing won't do me in.

Good idea? Bad idea? Got any other trails I should check out.

Thanks guys and gals,

Pho'dup

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yeah, Geoladders is mostly a Socal thing. But people are adding routes all the time. It's nuts when you start to look at how much the top 5 people who post on that site ride. It's oft referred to as 'egoladders.'

Thanks Wherewolf. Any shop near by I can pick up a map just in case? oh wait I see there's a map on your site! Sweet.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
I'm starting at Connector tomorrow at 11. Meeting up with a couple of friends and one newer rider. I'm on a silver Epic and and will have a black jersey if you see me. Meet with us then or just say hey

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Nacho, I'm gonna try to finish around then. I'll keep an eye out for you guys in case I'm still riding back to the Confluence. I'll be rolling around on a Purple Kona Unit29 with gears.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a good time out at Auburn State Park. Thanks guys for the maps and route selections. Stopped at Auburn Bicycle Works to get a more detailed map and those guys were cool guys.

Ended up doing the long loop below. But took a wrong turn and ended up climbing up some jeep road that went straight up to the top of the ForrestHill Bridge. :madman:

Nacho. I think I saw your car with the silver Epic on top. It didn't register till I was already cruisin' on Connector for a ways.

What's the story with this big rock?

Ran into a local guy Chris who lead me around Culvert and Mammoth bar. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
If it was a white Subaru wagon with the Epic, that was me ;). I was sitting at the trailhead for a while waiting for my late friends :eek: If you saw two guys sitting on a rock talking, I was the guy in the red t-shirt.

That big rock is Robbers Roost.

Connector Trail ASRA Info said:
When Foresthill was still a booming gold mining site, a local band of outlaws, the Gassaway Gang, is reported to have used the rock as a strategic lookout point to spot and then signal when the stagecoach was en route from Auburn to Foresthill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.