Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Would you be interested in a Norcal MTB Calendar

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NorCal MTB Photo Calendar

I'm curious if anyone would be interested in a Norcal MTB Calendar? I was thinking of gathering the 12 best MTB photos of Norcal Trails and Riders and put them together in a professionally bound calendar. It would cost about $12-15/ calendar (depends on how many people are interested) to get it printed. I would also put the calendar up in PDF form so anyone could download and print it themselves.

The plan:
* People send me pictures to put on the calendar (Your pictures or with permission of the photographer please) along with a small quote about the picture. Pictures would have to be high quality to print out well (min 1280x1024 preferred 1600x1200 or higher)
* I put up a website and we vote on the pics
* Highest voted pictures will get published
* I will put together the calendar and get it published (Lulu.com if you are curious where)
* If in the very unlikely event I make a couple bucks on the venture I will use the proceeds to buy calendars which will be turned into MTBR swag

This will not be limited to MTBR stuff, any Norcal MTB photos will do.

·
pedal pusher
2,234 Posts
0gre said:
I'm curious if anyone would be interested in a Norcal MTB Calendar? I was thinking of gathering the 12 best MTB photos of Norcal Trails and Riders and put them together in a professionally bound calendar. It would cost about $12-15/ calendar (depends on how many people are interested) to get it printed. I would also put the calendar up in PDF form so anyone could download and print it themselves.

Anyhow so this is a poll. Would you be interested in a Norcal MTB Calendar?
Why not. Id rather have a Mt Biking calender then most of the other ones in the mall. You said girls in bikini's on Mt bikes right? LOL Id go for one.

Sean

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
bigboulder said:
Dennis with his eyes closed again???

Or does someone else have an A$$ fetish?

Fiona? Are you savng these A$$ pics...you could make your own calender :D
I don't need to. Unlike you I get the pleasure of looking at his @$$ EVERY time I ride. Wait I take that back didn't you say you usually are looking at it too? ;) I believe if one looks through all your photo posts they'll notice a trend.

Fiona

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Heck....

Fiona said:
I don't need to. Unlike you I get the pleasure of looking at his @$$ EVERY time I ride. Wait I take that back didn't you say you usually are looking at it too? ;) I believe if one looks through all your photo posts they'll notice a trend.

Fiona
... you see him nekkid! I mean, I like the guy, but better you than me!

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
Are we doing this?

Ok, if we're going to do this, let's get started. We need to decide on 12 or 13 pictures and if there are any dates we want to emphasize. By strting now we will have enough time to get it ready for print and sent out long before 2007 (maybe Christmas gifts for mtb friends).

Let's post some pictures and we'll create a poll to vote the one's into the calendar.

Fiona

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
Sweeet!!

jorgemonkey said:
Here are a few submissions from me:

I might be able to dig up a few more later, and I could get more if my friends I ride with would stop when I tell them to so I could shoot their picture :D
Thanks. Now that's a great beginning. I'm going to go through the Ogre's stash and see if I can find some.

Fiona

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.