Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

NorCal Help Preserve Berkeley Dirt Jumps Petition and Donation

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  dirtyfive30 
#1 · (Edited)
Just saw this on Nextdoor in Berkeley... city demo of dirt jumps please sign petition and donate if you're up to it!

See Orig Post Here:
Save Berkeley Dirt Jumps - plea from high schooler

Calling all Mtn Bikers, please support the cause by signing the petition asking city of Berkeley to NOT DEMOLISH dirt jump park, here's the Petition Link

Post Info
Community bike area demolition UPDATED PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION TO SAVE THIS COMMUNITY BIKING AREA!!!

PETITION LINK: Sign the Petition

I am Leif Carlson, a sophomore attending Berkeley high school. I just got word from the city that they plan on demolishing the community biking area near Woodmont road. I, along with many other local bikers, am extremely devastated. COVID-19 has shut down almost everything that brings me joy in life. For months on end I was struggling both with my physical, and mental health as a result of the mandated quarantine. This jump spot has not only allowed me to get outside, exercise, and meet new friends, it has significantly improved my mental well-being. Some of my closest friends I had met through this community jump area. I am in full honesty heartbroken that this small area will be torn down. For the majority of the past 8 months, I have biked up there daily to spend quality time with many other riders, and friends. Without it, I in addition to numerous others will lack much-needed laughter, exercise, and social connection so many of us depend upon during this time in quarantine. What are your thoughts on this topic? Good? Bad? Thanks so much for your time!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.