Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen all these posts on these big rides in the Rockies and I'm feeling jealous. I'm curious if we have anything like this on the west coast that I don't know about.

Just curious if anyone knows of any good long (>40 mile) rides in california, point to point, the more singletrack the better. I've ridden Tahoe, Downieville, and aroung the SF bay area, and as much as I love those places, I'd love to try some longer rides without doing laps.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
You can do some huge miles in the Downieville area without doing laps on anything.....talk with the guys at Yuba Expeditions.

Also, go check out Nevada City. Start at Pioneer trail head East, turn north on Blue Tent follow it to North Bloomfield and the church compound. Head up the fireroad to the ST. That'll take you to Round Mtn. Do Round Mtn back to North Bloomfield. NB to South Yuba trail head, do all of the South Yuba. Head into Washington fill up with water and eat. Climb out using the paved road or if you feel really sadistic climb up Alpha Omega road (steep and dirt). Cross over hwy 20 to Pioneer trail, which will leave you about 16 miles of singletrack to the finish. It's plus 60 miles, more than half single track, with plus 8k of climbing. That's not even including any climbs into Malikoff and descending Missouri Bar.

Auburn area, you can also do a big loop with only a few miles of over lap, but it will require you to climb up into Todd Valley and Foresthill area. I have a loop I'm planning on for the fall that will be in excess of a 100 miles with a boat load of climbing. If the loop works out, I'll post details here.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
PaddyH, the ride I described above for Auburn will likely be in late October. It's not an event, more likely will be a group ride, if it works out I have pipe dream thought of it turning into an unoffical event. The ride will be a long day with a lot of different type riding (fireroad, singletrack, pavement, and plenty of up/down). If your schedule happens to have you in the area that time of year let me know. Mileage will likely be in excess of 100, time out probably in excess of 10 hours.

Send me a PM and we can exchange emails.

Oh also take a look at Yuba Expeditions, they have epic rides they do every year as well that are very cool. Might also be another option if you're in the area.

Roger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.