Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in SF East Bay and would really like to demo a 5-Spot. I've called every certified demo dealer from the Turner website, even contacted Turner directly. There are no demo's to be had...and I see no plans for a demo truck to be anywhere close.

Hoping someone might be willing to meet me at a fun trail and swap bikes for a portion of the ride. I'm most interested in a 5-Spot with the new geometry, so either a 2011 frame or DW link from previous years with an angleset would give a similar impression.

I can ride anywhere from Santa Cruz to Marin or East Bay to Rockville. I don't need a serious saddle time, but am reluctant to drop cash without a trail feel for the bike. I've got demo and saddle time on other DW Link bikes in the same category, but I can't get the 5-Spot out of mind as the best option for me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Have you given Sunshine Bikes in Fair Fax a call 415-459-3334 ?. Last I remember they have a 5 Spot (Medium I think and a Large Sultan in there Demo fleet). I'm going to give the Sultan a try on my local trails here in Novato. Currently on a 2010 Spot with 160mm fork.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I called Sunshine...they have either an 09 or 10 5-Spot in medium. I'm most interested in the slacker HA with a lower BB. I could demo, but seems it would be a different feel entirely.

I put an angleset on my Motolite to go slacker and lower...the bike feels worlds away from stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.