Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
:\ ping of death
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont think Ive ever tried these courses before. I remember doing Latenight about a year ago but I dont remember which trailheads are which. So, Norba loop is on the left of 160 right? Is there a sign or a lot to park at?

·
Registered
13,119 Posts
Yes, norba loop is on the left (south) side of the highway. Still one of my favorite vegas rides. park at late night... up late night.... cross over at the other trailhead.... up puke hill counterclockwise around the norba loop ..... down red valley, up badger pass..... and back down to late night. :cool: Although next time I do it, I think I'll keep climbing from Badger pass up the the top of techno then bomb down it back to Late night.

Not technical like Cowboy trails with the exception of a few places on Techo, but fun swoopy, sometimes rocky, desert single track. Here's the map. Just follow the nice pale pink path. Enjoy.

Attachments

·
2,093 Posts
Oh yah

puke hill. I love that climb. I second krobs route. Add the norba loop with the climb over badger pass and flow back down to latenight. verryy fast! If you have never been down red valley you are missing one of the best ST sections vegas has to offer. It's like a roller coaster. On a side note. We plan on riding bootleg at noon on sunday. Ernie's + new trail.

·
desert dweller
Ventana El Ciclon
1,644 Posts
KRobs loop

I love that loop as well. Doing it clockwise is one of my favorite rides out there (even though I miss Techno that way). I did it several times last year -- once I raced a nasty looking thunderstorm all the way back to my truck. The strom was barreling down from the north and I was flying down straight into it to get to my truck -- I almost beat it! ;)

Matt

Oh Yeah, have fun out there -- I'll be finishing our Boy Scout Merit Badge Workshop in the morning. But we'll further test my teeter totter.

·
:\ ping of death
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KRob said:
park at late night... up late night.... cross over at the other trailhead.... up puke hill counterclockwise around the norba loop .....
If I start off at LateNight, it looks like Ill have to cross the highway to get to Norba? I have a feeling Im gonna get lost :confused:

·
Registered
578 Posts
mattbikeboy said:
I love that loop as well. Doing it clockwise is one of my favorite rides out there (even though I miss Techno that way). I did it several times last year -- once I raced a nasty looking thunderstorm all the way back to my truck. The strom was barreling down from the north and I was flying down straight into it to get to my truck -- I almost beat it! ;)

Matt

Oh Yeah, have fun out there -- I'll be finishing our Boy Scout Merit Badge Workshop in the morning. But we'll further test my teeter totter.
hey girls, gooseberry sunday 9-930 am

·
Registered
13,119 Posts
phoeneous said:
If I start off at LateNight, it looks like Ill have to cross the highway to get to Norba? I have a feeling Im gonna get lost :confused:
Naw, you won't get lost. As you climb up late night just keep watching for the restroom over at the other other trail head across the road. Just hang a left at the first road with a cattle guard just below the other trail head and cross over there. As soon as you cross over the cattle guard on the other side of the road hang a right (uphill) before you actually enter the trailhead parking area and start climbing the pole line trail. The Norba loop turns left off that pole line within a mile.

It winds south for a ways then when it dumps you off onto another dirt road, turn right and keep climbing, and climbing. This is puke hill. It's not that bad really. The real "puke hill" is on the Wasatch Crest trail near Salt Lake City. It's longer, steeper, and it's at 10,000ft!

The rest is pretty well marked. Sort of. I may do that loop next time I come on Friday night/evening if you want to come along. May 6.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.