Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys sorry for the rook post but here goes:

just got into mtn biking about 3 months ago, my friend sold me a trek singletrack with rockshox (that are busted). i dont wanna go and buy a new bike yet as i dont have a lot of money and i wanna get better first also, now i wanna remove the fork and get a new fork for myself that isnt too expensive but has about 80-100mm travel. ive been looking at some rockshox like the psylo and pilot but have read some pretty bad reviews on them, anyone got any suggestions for about or under 120-150 bux? also does anyone use those rockshox seat posts that provide a little bit of "rear" suspension? does that help at all on a hardtail?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got a Marzocchi Comp MX on Performance
that was $270/ on sale for $235 and I got it for like $180
w/ one of those 20%-off coupons. That almost puts it in
your budget. I too was gonna opt for something of less quality
but that coupon saved my ass and my bike's :p
The zokes EX is like $200 i think. with that coupon
you are looking @ $160. Best to save a few xtra bones and splurge.
werd

·
255 Posts
One word of caution. Trek "Singletrack" probably denotes old style Treks that were designed for 63mm of suspension fork travel. I have a 1995 990 steel rig and put an 80mm SID on it. Since the front end is higher, the steering angle is more relaxed and therefore the steering is slower. I actually don't mind the slower steering since the head angle is only changed about .5 degrees. Going with a 100mm+ fork might make the steering markedly slower. Just something to be aware of.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts