Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am overseas, and my wife just bought me a Jekyll 3000SL. From the research I have done on it, it didn't come with a lefty fork, but this one has one. Was it an option in 2000? Is everything else the same assuming its a stock bike? Other than a tune up at a reputable shop, is there anything else I should fix/change on this bike while I am at it? I will not get to ride it until the summer when I return, but I plan to use it as a commuter bike to get to work (5 miles each way), and take it on the trails on some weekends. I was thinking getting a new set of wheels for the road and locking out the shocks for commuting. I have read customer reviews saying the CODA brakes are horrible and come out of adjustment fairly easily, so I may upgrade to a rock solid disc setup. Other than that I should be good. The guy selling it says its a 19in frame. I am 5'6", I am hoping it will fit well, but it was a gift from my wife, and the price was very cheap. The previous owner just hasn't ridden it in years. cannondale 3000SL.jpg

·
Registered
683 Posts
Figured I'd reply as nobody else has. From what I can tell, the bike did not come with a Lefty originally, but the fact that is has one is definitely a plus. You nailed it on the brakes. The CODA brakes suck. You'll likely need to get a new wheel set though because the CODA brakes took 4 bolt rotors, and I believe the hub offset is a little different.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
image-12bc40f5c00f65ec363286a53249f52538b2a3ddfc2ae12e9ed9fbfcaebb335e-V.jpg

Well I guess that takes care of that! I am having my wife takes pictures of the components because I am in Japan. I wanna ride it so bad! Never had a bike like this before.

image-7cc708baef4fe763a754f3e4aea8458351039874b4fccc8e09881bb15c97653b-V.jpg

Here is the rear shock. If this is the original, is there anything that needs to be done to it? Rebuild? It is a 14 year old bike.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has CODA crank and XTR rear derailleur. Not sure cassette, or chain. I think I am good for now, maybe some new hybrid tires (will ride this bike to work), and a good tune-up and bike fitment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts