Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally narrowed down my new bike and purchased an entry level Bronson Carbon with the intentions of gradually building it in to exactly what I want. A few immediate upgrades will be wider bars, 50mm stem, dropper post, and a new drivetrain. I am considering 1x11 or 2x10 and would like your guys input on these upgrades if you would be so kind. I am not entirely new I just have been out of this Love for almost 10 years doing other things. Thank You as I want to do it right and spend my money in the right place first.

·
Rogue Exterminator
4,951 Posts
I agree. If you want to change it exactly in to what you want, you should have just bought the frame.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I did the same thing. Basic carbon and have swapped a lot of stuff. Yeah, pretty expensive. Pike, xt brakes, Thomson cockpit, Pacenti wheels and Hans Dampf tubeless, changed rear brake to 180, switched to 1x10. I say the best swap was the Pike. Have fun!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I love this bike and I am upgrading as funds come in. I would have just bought the frame however I wanted to find and feel what exactly needed to be upgraded.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Out for ten years. You don't know what you need/want, or what the new stuff you have and don't have, or have never had is capable of. Nor would you be able to utilize it or tell the difference of you had it.

Geometry and riding style (old style stretched out roadie riding "on" the bike vs. new style neutral upright riding "in" the bike) have changed drastically in a decade. Everything you are riding now is light years ahead of everything you had then.

Ride it til **** breaks. This will take a long time. Upgrade after that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts