Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This site is great and has become my new compulsive outlet. You guys are great. Well I am in the process of getting the parts for a single speed together. I have read the FAQs and done some searches but I still have a number of questions.

I have the 2003 bianchi siss (the year of the one that breaks) unfortuneately. I was wondering if Bianchi will still stand behind their frame after 4 to 5 years. And what the process one must go through to remedy the situation.

Next, I need a disk wheel set. I want to go dedicated single speed hubs like Phil wood or White Industries and have them built by a shop in town. Anybody give me a price range of cost with upper level (nothing exotic) rims, spokes, the type of hubs I mentioned, and labor of the wheel builder?

Last, I was wondering how you guys felt about purchasing used wheelsets that have been set up for ss. I have seen some nice ones for between $150-$300

One guy has a listing with WI enos non eccentric laced 317 for $275. I guess what I am asking is what do I need to watch out for. Andy suggestion are welcome. Or, if I'm on the wrong track please tell me what to do.

Thanks for all the help. This forum is loaded with the best people.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,723 Posts
I took the Speed Lurking course online. It was awesome... and nobody even knew.

Custom wheels are expensive but worth it. Light wheels are the bling with the biggest payback. Prices can be all over the place. Best check with your LBS.

--Sparty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.