Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here long time bike guy.Bike mechanic in the early 80's. BMX'd alot got into cruisers and have always been into the vintage bikes ie schwinn,colson and such.Just wondering if a 2001 hoo koo e koo is a good starting point for mountain/trail riding.Not many mountains around here, but there is some rough terrain.
Thanks
Bart
(crosley8)

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,887 Posts
Is this a bike you have around, or are looking into purchasing? What model year is it?

The Hoo Koo E Koo is an old school XC bike. A little above entry level in it's day. A bit dated by today's standards. If it's around for free or very little and can get you rolling, it might be worth some elbow grease and a little bit of money to get you riding.

If it's going to require more than a small investment, I would look into something more modern.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$200 too much?

Just trying to get into this mountain bike thing.I got the guy whacked down to $200.should I just go for the more modern bike?I mean this thing is pretty darn clean, fits nice could use a few adjustments just trying to start out without much hassle.
Thanks
Bart(crosley8)

·
Yeah!
1,457 Posts
if everything works and adjustments and a cleaning/greasing is all it needs, then $200 is a good price point to get you on the trails. If it's worth $200 now, it won't be worth much less a few years from now if you treat it well, so you can retain your investment and upgrade later if you like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts